Back to: History 2021-22
Last Year's Page: World/Global/Transnational History 2020-21
When posting new jobs:
- Follow the format of existing posts
- Use the 'Preview' button to check for errors before hitting 'Publish';
- Always include a link to the original advert in the heading.
- When posting new jobs, use Heading 2 for new categories, and Heading 3 for jobs.
- Add entries in alphabetical order. (Note that "University of X" should be alphabetized by U as first sort, and X as second sort within the U listings.
- Our users come from all over the world - use unambiguous dating systems when posting.
- Please be aware of the T&C of the wiki relating to personal data when discussing candidates/job talks etc.
- If you are deleting information from the page use the 'Edit Summary' box to explain why you are doing so - this helps the mods tell the difference between page vandals and legit. edits.
RECENT ACTIVITY (RSS FEED)[edit | edit source]
2021/08/03 14:59- -
- The requested page does not exist. It may have been deleted from the wiki, or renamed. Try searching on the wiki for relevant new pages....
Subscribe to RSS feed for this page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/World/Global/Transnational_History_2021-22?feed=rss&action=history
Open/Mixed[edit | edit source]
Albion College (USA:MI) - Africa/Global South[edit | edit source]
- Tenure-track assistant professor in global history with specializations in Africa and the Global South, to begin August 2022
- The ability to teach transnational, gender, science/medical, and/or environmental topics is highly welcomed.
- Teaching Load: 3/3 include an introductory survey in African history as well as mid-level and advanced courses on the Global South and other topics of the instructor’s choosing.. with one course every year contributing to an interdisciplinary program such as a First Year Seminar (FYS) or the Honors Program.
- Ph.D. in hand is preferred, but candidates in the final stages of completing the dissertation will be considered.
- For consideration, candidates must submit applications to Interfolio at http://apply.interfolio.com/91271. A complete application consists of: Cover letter, Current CV, Please include a statement explaining how you foster diversity, equity, and inclusion in your classroom and on campus through your teaching, research and/or service. Course evaluations, sample syllabi, and other evidence of teaching effectiveness, Writing sample or recent publication, Three letters of recommendation, uploaded directly to Interfolio by references
- Review begins: 1 Oct. 2021
University of British Columbia (CAN) -pre-1500[edit | edit source]
- full-time tenure-track appointment at the rank of Assistant Professor of Teaching in global history before 1500, with an expected start date of 1 July 2022
- Fields and geographical specializations are open, but preference will be given to approaches that connect regions rather than perpetuate historical and historiographical insularity. Experience and expertise in auxiliary disciplines such as digital humanities or archaeology would be assets, but are not required.
- Teaching: six 3-credit courses over the academic year - In addition to offering upper-division courses within their area of specialization, the successful candidate will teach the lower division undergraduate course in global history before 1500
- Applicants should apply only through the History Department’s Internal Resources website at https://hist.air.arts.ubc.ca/6092-2-gh-jr3026/ Applicants should upload, in the following order, collated into a single PDF file: a cover letter or letter of application; a curriculum vitae; a brief statement identifying the applicant’s experience working with a diverse student body, and contributions, or potential contributions, to advancing a culture of equity and inclusion within the university and beyond; a sample syllabus; evidence of teaching effectiveness (such as course evaluations or peer reviews); a sample publication
- Review begins: 1 Sept. 2021