Page for Academic Positions in Social Work that begin in 2022.
Last year's page: Social Work 2021-2022
- 1 Let's do this! Try to stick to a few guidelines when posting to keep things consistent:
- 2 RECENT ACTIVITY on the Social Work 2021-2022
- 3 Discussion
- 4 Lists of Schools that have Interviewed / Made Offers
- 5 Jobs posted 2021-2022
Let's do this! Try to stick to a few guidelines when posting to keep things consistent:
- Post information about the position (or positions) including rank, source of information, and desired specialties.
- Update when you know if a school has announced or cancelled a search, done preliminary interviews, invited candidates out for job talks, or made offers, even if this information is anecdotal (but please note that it's anecdotal if it is)!
- Add date of posting to information whenever possible.
- Please Use "Heading 3" when adding names of schools to this page.
A couple of features of this page, based on additional posts from past years:
- There are two general sections:
- Discussion: Post other job search related information here. In the past, topics have included:
- Tally of number of people checking this page
- Information about salaries offered relative to cost of living.
- Information about the number of places people have applied, number of initial interviews received, number of campus visits/job talks, and number of offers.
- Info on regular teaching load for each institution (e,g., 3 courses/semester is a 3-3 teaching load)
- Please feel free to add topics here!
- List of Schools: Post information about positions, here: FOR THE LOVE OF ALL THINGS ACADEMIC, PLEASE DATE YOUR POSTS!
RECENT ACTIVITY on the Social Work 2021-2022
9/13/2021. Texas State University (San Marcos, Texas) is hiring for 1 tenure-track Assistant Professor Position. Review begins 10/15/2021. Link: https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/36098
9/3/2021. Florida State University will be hiring 2 tenure-track positions, open rank
2021/09/17 00:16- 188.8.131.52 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 00:16, 17 September 2021 Line 40: Line 40: ABD (Early): 2 ABD (Early): 2 − ABD (On the market): 1 (9/1/21), 1 (9/2/21),...
2021/09/17 00:01- 184.108.40.206 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 00:01, 17 September 2021 Line 79: Line 79: ===== '''Rutgers University''' (NJ) ===== ===== '''Rutgers University''' (NJ) ==...
2021/09/16 23:54- 220.127.116.11 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 23:54, 16 September 2021 Line 79: Line 79: ===== '''Rutgers University''' (NJ) ===== ===== '''Rutgers University''' (NJ) ==...
2021/09/16 23:47- 18.104.22.168 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 23:47, 16 September 2021 Line 77: Line 77: '''University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill''' - Our SSW will be hiring 1 tenure-track Assistant Prof...
2021/09/16 17:11- 22.214.171.124 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 17:11, 16 September 2021 Line 75: Line 75: ==Jobs posted 2021-2022== ==Jobs posted 2021-2022== + '''University of N...
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Social_Work_2021-2022?feed=rss&action=history
How many people are updating or monitoring this page?
ABD (Early): 2
ABD (On the market): 1 (9/1/21), 1 (9/2/21), 1 (9/3/21), 1(9/5/21), 2(9/8/21), 1(9/9/21), 1(9/13/21) , 1 (9/14/21), 2 (9/15/21) = total: 11
Postdoctoral Fellow: 4
Assistant Professor: 1
Ratio of applications: 1st round interviews: Campus visits: Offers (example: 16:8:4:2)
Lists of Schools that have Interviewed / Made Offers
- Schools Interviewed Online (screening)
- DU, online interview scheduled for late Sept (x3) (date they contacted you? Could you also share the date you submitted your application?) -submitted application mid-August, contacted after Labor Day.
- UGA, invitation for online screening interview week of 9/20 (applied 8/28, contacted 9/14) (x2)
- ECU, screening interview week of 9/20 (applied 8/25, contacted 9/15)
- Schools Scheduled Campus Visits
- Schools That Have Made Offers
Accepted Offers 
Jobs posted 2021-2022
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill - Our SSW will be hiring 1 tenure-track Assistant Professor and 2 Open Rank faculty this year (9/16). Postings should be going live on 10/1. I will post links here when the positions open.
Rutgers University (NJ)
Rutgers University School of Social Work (RUSSW) will be hiring multiple Open Rank faculty (tenure-track Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, and Full Professor). We are particularly interested in scholars in the following areas:
- Technology and social work
- Social determinants of health and/or health care practice
- Juvenile and criminal justice practice and reform
- Immigration and refugee needs and social policy
- Impacts of climate change and environmental justice