Conducted at Kadir Has University, Faculty of Communication under the direction of Dr. Rüstem Ertuğ Altınay, Staging National Abjection: Theatre and Politics in Turkey and Its Diasporas (STAGING-ABJECTION) is a five-year research project funded by the European Research Council’s (ERC) Starting Grants Program with a 1.5 million Euro grant. Combining the transdisciplinary approach of performance studies with a rigorous research program, the project aims to be one of the most comprehensive critical studies on minoritarian theatre practices in Turkey and its diasporas, and put Turkey on the map of global theatre studies.
The project offers postdoctoral fellowships, beginning September 1, 2021. Further information on the project is available at https://cordis.europa.eu/project/id/852216
Application deadline: May 28, 2021
Start date: September 1, 2021 or as soon as possible thereafter
Duration: Post-doctoral fellowship for 36 months (max.)
Benefits[edit | edit source]
The postdoctoral fellows will be employed for a maximum of 36 months. They will receive a full-time monthly net stipend of 6000 TL with social security benefits (SGK) as well as an additional living allowance and research support of 2000 TL and an annual travel budget.
All contracts are annual and renewal is contingent on performance reviews conducted at the end of each academic year.
Eligibility criteria[edit | edit source]
- All candidates are expected to propose an individual research project related to the project.
- Candidates may propose any topic related to the project. However, we also invite applicants specifically:
- At least one researcher working on Armenian theatre and/or theatre productions involving Armenians after 1915.
- At least one researcher working on Jewish theatre in Turkey and/or diasporic productions in Israel and Europe.
Selection process[edit | edit source]
How to apply
- Cover letter in English describing the candidates’ academic experience and qualifications, and the research they would like to conduct under the ERC project.
- Curriculum Vitae.
- One writing sample in English.
- Three confidential letters of reference (at least two should be academic, one letter may be professional), to be sent directly to []
Please send all requested materials (except for the letters of reference) electronically in a single PDF file to [] by May 28, 2021. Selected candidates will be invited for Zoom interviews conducted on May 30 and 31, 2021.