Wiki page for Academic Jobs in Philosophy advertised during the 2020-2021 hiring season.
Please note that many philosophy jobs tend to be posted on PhilJobs.
Instructions[edit | edit source]
Please add jobs in the following format and order them alphabetically by institution.
- Example University (State/Province, Country). Position Title. Specializations. Deadline. TT/NT. FT/PT. Link to Job ad(s). Updates:
TT/NT: Tenure-track or Non-tenure track.
FT/PT: Full-Time or Part-Time
For the sake of user-friendliness, please do not add more detailed content of the job ad on this page. (This is a departure from previous years, when these pages tended to become difficult to navigate. The new guidelines are modeled on more user-friendly Academic Wiki pages serving other disciplines.)
Add updates to the end of each entry as they come in: Additional materials requested, video interview scheduled, campus visit scheduled, offer extended, offer accepted, rejection received.
Please post "Have you heard?" questions above, under Word on the Street.
Please contribute to transparency in the academy by adding yourself and your advisors to the Literature Tree project.
Jobs with 2020 Application Deadlines[edit | edit source]
- Brigham Young University (Provo, UT, USA). Assistant or Associate Professor of Philosophy. AOS open. Deadline: October 8, 2020. TT. FT. https://yjobs.byu.edu Updates:
- Lawrence University of Wisconsin (WI, USA). Assistant Professor of Philosophy. Metaphysics. Deadline: December 1, 2020. TT. FT. http://lawrence.peopleadmin.com/postings/417. Updates:
- University of Washington (Seattle, WA, USA). Assistant or Associate Professor in Bioethics and Humanities. Deadline: October 1, 2020. TT. FT. https://apply.interfolio.com/73836. (Note: this is one of two similar postings; the other one is for Assistant Professor; see below.) Updates:
- University of Washington (Seattle, WA, USA). Assistant Professor in Bioethics and Humanities. Deadline: October 1, 2020. TT. FT. https://apply.interfolio.com/73837. (Note: this is one of two similar postings; the other one is for Assistant OR Associate Professor; see above.) Updates: