Back to: History 2018-19
Last Year's Page: 2017-18
When posting new jobs:
- Please try to follow the format of existing posts
- Use the 'Preview' button to check for errors before hitting 'Publish';
- Please include a link to the original advert in the heading.
- When posting new jobs, please use Heading 2 for new categories, and Heading 3 for jobs.
- Add entries in alphabetical order. (Note that "University of X" should be alphabetized by U as first sort, and X as second sort within the U listings.
Recent Edits (RSS Feed)[edit | edit source]
Subscribe to RSS feed for this page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Pacific_History_2018-19?feed=rss&action=history
Mixed/Open Field[edit | edit source]
La Trobe University (AUS) - Indigenous Australia and/or Asia Pacific[edit | edit source]
- Associate Professorship in history, in the field of Indigenous Histories in Australia and/or the Asia-Pacific region
- The School is undergoing a program of strategic renewal and this position is an integral part of that process. The successful candidate will help provide leadership to the History Program as well as the School as it charts a new course. They will join a dynamic, collegial team of historians with a well-established international reputation for distinguished, innovative, and engaging scholarship.
- The successful incumbent will be an internationally acknowledged historian. They will provide leadership to the discipline by undertaking major management and planning activities, develop, teach and coordinate subjects and courses that engage and motivate students, conduct and lead high-quality and high-impact research that results in high-quality publications as well as attracting external funding.
- Deadline: 31 Aug. 2018
University of Hawaii, Hilo (USA:HI) - Pacific[edit | edit source]
- 9 month tenure track assistant professorship in Pacific History, to begin 'approx' Aug. 2019
- Duties: Teach undergraduate classes, including the two semester survey sequence in World History; offer undergraduate courses in Pacific history (survey and area of specialization); contribute to history program courses in historiography and research methods; contribute to Pacific Islands Studies Certificate; maintain an active agenda of scholarly research and publication; participate in service work; and fulfill other duties assigned by the department chair.
- PhD should be in hand by 1 Aug. 2019
- For a complete description, application instructions and to submit an application, please visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/hawaiiedu and search for position #82577. Failure to submit all required documents shall deem an application to be incomplete. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Note: If you have not applied for a position before using NEOGOV, you will need to create an account.
- Deadline: 26 Mar. 2019
University of Hawaii, Manoa (USA:HI)- Pacific Island/Oceania[edit | edit source]
- 9-month Tenure track assistant professorship in history of the Pacific islands / Oceania, to start 1 Aug. 2019
- The successful candidate will teach lower-division survey courses, and upper-division and graduate courses in area(s) of specialization; advise undergraduate and graduate students; maintain an active agenda of scholarly research and publication; participate in service work; and fulfill other duties assigned by the department chair
- PhD by August 1, 2019 or ABD near defense, from a university of recognized standing, in history or closely related field in the humanities or social sciences, with an emphasis on the Pacific islands / Oceania beyond Hawai‘i. Research competence in a Pacific island language, evidence of strong historical research capabilities, and evidence of teaching ability.
- Application materials should include: a letter of application describing research and teaching interests; c.v.; writing sample; sample syllabus from an undergraduate or graduate course in Pacific history. In addition, please arrange to have three letters of recommendation sent directly to the search committee. Please send paper copies of all materials (no electronic / emailed copies accepted) to: Dr. John P. Rosa (Search Chair), Pacific Search Committee, Department of History, University of Hawai’i, Manoa, 2530 Dole Street, Honolulu, HI 96822-2383 USA. General inquiries may be directed to Dr. Rosa at (808) 956-8098 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The screening process will begin on November 15, 2018 and will continue until the position is filled. The department expects to conduct preliminary interviews via videoconferencing.
- Review begins: 15 Nov. 2018
Australia[edit | edit source]
- Professorship in History
- We have a preference for scholars with expertise in the field of Australian history (broadly conceived) but are open to applications from excellent candidates in any field. The School is undergoing a program of strategic renewal and this position is an integral part of that process. The successful candidate will provide outstanding leadership to the History Program as well as the School as it charts a new course.
- This position is part of strategic investment in an area of strength, with the University contemporaneously seeking to appoint an Associate Professor of History (specialising in Indigenous histories in Australia and the Asia Pacific)
- The successful incumbent will be an internationally acknowledged historian. They will design and lead curriculum development, teaching, and conduct and publish, or otherwise disseminate, the highest quality research and scholarship and will secure external funding for their research. They will also foster excellence in teaching and research in History at La Trobe, and through relevant national and international external bodies.
- To apply and to view position description and application requirements, please visit http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs and search for position no. 556820 under current vacancies.
- Deadline: 14 Sept. 2018
New Zealand[edit | edit source]
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.