Back to History 2021-22
When posting new jobs:
- Follow the format of existing post
- Use the 'Preview' button to check for errors before hitting 'Publish'
- Include a link to the original advert in the heading.
- When posting new jobs, please use Heading 2 for new categories, and Heading 3 for jobs.
- Add entries in alphabetical order. (Note that "University of X" should be alphabetized by U as first sort, and X as second sort within the U listings)
- Our users come from all over the world - please use unambiguous dating systems when posting.
- Be aware of the T&C of the wiki relating to personal data when discussing candidates/job talks etc.
- If you are deleting information from the page use the 'Edit Summary' box to explain why you are doing so - this helps the mods tell the difference between page vandals and legit. edits.
- 1 Recent Edits (RSS Feed)
- 2 Open/Mixed
- 3 African American
- 4 Canadian
- 5 Chican@/Latin@
- 6 Native American
- 7 Women's/Gender
- 8 Colonial/Antebellum
- 9 Nineteenth Century
- 10 Twentieth Century
Recent Edits (RSS Feed)[edit | edit source]
2021/08/02 11:00- AFII -
- Canadian ← Older revision Revision as of 11:00, 2 August 2021 Line 70: Line 70: ==Canadian== ==Canadian== + ===[https://www.h-net.org/jobs/job_display.php?id=6163...
2021/08/02 10:48- AFII -
- Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College (USA:GA) ← Older revision Revision as of 10:48, 2 August 2021 Line 32: Line 32: * Teaching: ability to teach United States History I/II, African Amer...
2021/07/21 10:36- AFII -
- Open/Mixed ← Older revision Revision as of 10:36, 21 July 2021 Line 32: Line 32: * Teaching: ability to teach United States History I/II, African American History, Native Peoples of the...
2021/07/21 10:33- AFII -
- African American ← Older revision Revision as of 10:33, 21 July 2021 Line 41: Line 41: ==African American== ==African American== + ===[https://www.h-net.org/jobs/...
2021/07/20 10:44- AFII -
- Open/Mixed ← Older revision Revision as of 10:44, 20 July 2021 Line 28: Line 28: ==Open/Mixed== ==Open/Mixed== ===[https://www.h-net.org/jobs/job_display.php?id=61529 Abraham B...
Subscribe to RSS feed for this page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/North_American_History_2021-22?feed=rss&action=history
Open/Mixed[edit | edit source]
- 10 month tenure-track Assistant Professor of History
- The successful candidate will hold a Ph.D. in History with specialization in American History
- Teaching: ability to teach United States History I/II, African American History, Native Peoples of the Americas, Slavery, and the Early Modern World, and/or The Latino Experience in the Americas are preferred.
- Deadline: not stated in ad, ad expires 29 Sept. 2021
Cornell University (USA:NY) - US in the World[edit | edit source]
- Assistant Professorship focusing on the U.S. in the World (19th-21st centuries)
- We welcome all areas of specialization, including U.S. empire or hegemony, foreign policy, international history, grand strategy, cultural diplomacy, economic development, science and technology, and conflict and security, as well as the consequences of US policies and actions. The ability to conduct research in a language other than English is welcome but not necessary.
- PhD must be in hand by 1 Jul. 2022
- Please upload a letter of application, curriculum vitae, and writing sample to AJO
- Deadline: 10 Sept. 2022
University of Montana - Missoula (USA:MT) - [Non-TT] Western US[edit | edit source]
- A. B. Hammond Visiting Assistant Professor in Western United States History
- This is a non-tenure track, one and one-half year position (through May 2023), with the possibility of a one-year renewal pending performance review and funding approval.
- We are especially interested in candidates whose work engages environmental history, indigenous history, and/or public history
- Teaching Load: 6 undergraduate and graduate courses in the history of the American West and related fields over the three semesters of the initial appointment
- Please submit the following application materials: Letter of Interest, CV, Article-length writing sample, Teaching portfolio with sample syllabi, Three (3) professional references - Names and contact information
- For full consideration: 23 Aug. 2021
Villanova University (USA:PA) - before 1800[edit | edit source]
- tenure-track appointment at the rank of assistant professor in the history of North America to 1800, to begin Aug. 2022
- Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order.
- We welcome applicants who study any of the various empires, nations, peoples, and localities in this field.
- Teaching: the successful candidate will develop and teach undergraduate and graduate courses in colonial North America and the era of the American Revolution. They also will teach a thematic core History course of their design and will be able to offer courses in their areas of specialization. We are especially interested to hear from candidates who can contribute to initiatives in digital humanities, publicly engaged scholarship, sustainability studies, or anti-racism
- Deadline: 15 Oct. 2021
African American[edit | edit source]
- Assistant Professor of African American History
- The area of specialization is open
- Teaching Load: 4 courses/year "These will be a mix of survey courses suitable for the university undergraduate core curriculum, undergraduate electives, and graduate courses"
- Applicants for this position should submit a cover letter; a curriculum vitae; an article-length writing sample; and three letters of recommendation. Please address cover letters to the Chair of the Search Committee, History Department, Boston College, 140 Commonwealth Avenue, Chestnut Hill, MA, 02467. To receive full consideration, applicants should submit these materials via Interfolio http://apply.interfolio.com/90759
- For full consideration: 15 Oct. 2022 [presumably they mean 2021]
- tenure-track assistant professor in African American History, to begin in the fall of 2022
- Review begins: 20 Sept. 2021 and continues until position filled.
Texas State University (USA:TX) c.1750-1850[edit | edit source]
- full-time, tenure-track Assistant Professor of Black History in North America, ca. 1750 – 1850, to begin Fall 2022
- A Ph.D. in History or related field, such as Africana Studies, African American Studies, or American Studies is required by the time of appointment. Candidates should demonstrate an active research agenda, with a record of scholarship, that complements the existing strengths of the department. Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate experience in mentoring students of color.
- Only applications submitted through the Texas State University faculty employment website will be considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/34964. A complete application comprises a letter of application, a CV, unofficial graduate transcripts, a teaching and diversity statement, a chapter or article-length writing sample, and the names and affiliations of three potential referees. The selected candidate will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree-granting universities.
- For full consideration: 15 Oct. 2021
Canadian[edit | edit source]
Wilfred Laurier University (CAN) - Indigenous histories & historical practice[edit | edit source]
- Tier 2 Canada Research Chair (CRC) in Indigenous Histories and Historical Practice in Canada, to begin 1 Jan 2023
- open to Indigenous (First Nations, Métis, Inuit) scholars
- The successful candidate will be nominated for a Tier 2 CRC and will be appointed as a tenured or tenure-track faculty member at the Assistant or Associate Professor level in the Department of History, subject to budgetary approval and conditional on CRC application approval.
- The CRC will provide leadership and expertise in Indigenous Histories and Historical Practice in Canada. The successful candidate will work to decolonize the discipline of Canadian history by integrating and bridging traditional historical practice with cutting-edge approaches to community-based research and Indigenous ways of knowing, including memory, oral tradition, and material culture.
- Applicants should send the following materials electronically (preferably as a single PDF) to the chair of the search committee, David Chan Smith, firstname.lastname@example.org. a cover letter outlining their qualifications for the position, a curriculum vitae, a 1-2 page statement of current and prospective research,a 1-2 page statement outlining teaching philosophy, experience and interests, including proposed courses you could teach in the Department of History,Provide the names of three referees, two academic and one from an Indigenous community or organization, willing to provide a letter of reference
- Deadline: 14 Sept. 2021
Chican@/Latin@[edit | edit source]
Native American[edit | edit source]
- Open Rank Professor of Native American History
- Teaching Load: 2/2
- For full consideration: 15 Sept. 2021
- Tenure-track assistant professorship in Native North American history
- Teaching Load: 2/2
- For a complete position description and application instructions, please go to https://www.sujobopps.com/postings/87324 A letter of application, curriculum vitae, writing sample, and list of three professional references must be attached online.
- For full consideration: 15 Oct. 2021