Wiki page for Academic Jobs in New Media & Digital Humanities advertised during the 2020-2021 hiring season.
Please add jobs in the following format and order them alphabetically by institution.
- Example University (State/Province, Country). Position Title. Specializations. Deadline. TT/NT. FT/PT. Link to Job ad(s). Updates:
TT/NT: Tenure-track or Non-tenure track.
FT/PT: Full-Time or Part-Time
For the sake of user-friendliness, please do not add more detailed content of the job ad on this page. (This is a departure from previous years, when these pages tended to become difficult to navigate. The new guidelines are modeled on more user-friendly Academic Wiki pages serving other disciplines.)
Add updates to the end of each entry as they come in: Additional materials requested, video interview scheduled, campus visit scheduled, offer extended, offer accepted, rejection received.
Please post "Have you heard?" questions above, under Word on the Street.
Please contribute to transparency in the academy by adding yourself and your advisors to the Academic Tree project.
Jobs with 2020 Application Deadlines
University of Zürich (SWI). Assistant Professorship in Digital Visual Studies. Deadline: 15 July 2020. NTT (6 yrs). FT. Job ad on H-Net Updates:
University of Toronto Scarborough (Scarborough, ON, Canada) - Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream in Media Studies. Specialization: Critical Digital Methods and Practices. Deadline: November 30, 2020. FT teaching stream. Ad: https://jobs.utoronto.ca/go/Faculty-Opportunities/2607417. Submission guidelines: http://uoft.me/how-to-apply
George Mason University (USA:VA) - Digital History
- Tenure track assistant professorship in Digital History, to begin Aug. 2021
- Candidates must have completed a Ph.D. by August 23, 2021.
- Digital historians and digital art historians pursuing research in any field of history or art history are encouraged to apply. Area of study and methodological specialty are open, but only candidates who can demonstrate that they are digital scholars will be considered. Successful candidates will work at the Roy Rosenzweig Center for History and New Media (RRCHNM) and will be expected to initiate and write grant-funded projects to support their work and the work of the Center. All of the projects at RRCHNM are open source and open access and our mission as a Center is to democratize access to historical information. Work at the Center is highly collaborative, including faculty, staff, and students in multiple projects and candidates should demonstrate a past record of working in teams and/or collaborative environments. The person hired in this position will be expected to collaborate with the other senior staff to manage the Center, represent it to the wider community, and plan its overall direction. Candidates should engage with our mission statement (https://rrchnm.org/our-story/) in their cover letter.
- This position will have a 2/2 teaching load and will have broad latitude in developing an array of undergraduate and graduate courses in digital history or art history according to their pedagogical and research interests. The candidate will also teach our undergraduate general education course in digital history (HIST 390: The Digital Past) and will help sustain our required graduate coursework in the field. The incumbent will maintain an active scholarly agenda in the field of digital history, art history, or another humanities field relevant to our work at RRCHNM.
- Deadline: 15 Nov. 2020
Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines
Susquehanna University (Selinsgrove, PA, USA). Director of the SU Press/Assistant Professor/Lecturer of Publishing and Media Entrepreneurship. Deadline: January 4. TT. FT. https://jobs.susqu.edu/postings/2126