Note: in keeping with prior practice, "Jobs for 2014" shall be interpreted as covering jobs that fall into the 2013-2014 application cycle for jobs starting during the North American / UK 2014-2015 Academic Year. Although exact start times will vary, this will generally include any positions starting between July 2014 and April 2015, and can include such things as 1-term visiting professorships, temporary lecturer opportunities, etc. Listings accidentally placed here but belonging to a preceding or following academic year will be moved appropriately.
In keeping with discussion on the previous year's wiki page, this listing welcomes postings about jobs from institutions around the world, including but not limited to: non-tenure track full-time university faculty, full-time tenure track faculty, and full-time community college faculty appointments.
Jobs for 2014
- The Department of Fine Arts invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professorship in Fine Arts - Music, to begin August 2014. Candidates must have a specialty in choral conducting.
- Duties include conducting and managing the Hampden-Sydney Men's Chorus and teaching five courses per year, including sections of music appreciation, fundamentals, and special topics seminars in the candidate's particular areas of expertise.
- The successful candidate will be expected to develop the music history curriculum, including the establishment of a critical survey of Western music.
- DMA in choral conducting at time of appointment preferred; Ph.D.'s in musicology with exceptional choral experience will be considered.
- Applicants should submit a letter of application (including site address or other access information for a recorded sample of your conducting), CV, and three confidential letters of reference by going to apply.interfolio.com/22864. Address letter to Professor David Lewis, Department of Fine Arts.
- Review of applications will begin in mid-November, and will continue until the position is filled.
Write the second section of your page here.