Wiki page for Academic Jobs in Middle Eastern Studies & Languages advertised during the 2020-2021 hiring season.
- 1 Instructions
- 2 Jobs with 2020 Application Deadlines
- 3 Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines
- 3.1 Al Akhawayn University (Morocco): Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Arabic Literature and Rhetoric
- 3.2 Muhlenberg College (Allentown, PA, USA). Assistant Professor of Modern Hebrew. Deadline: January 11, 2021. TT. FT. https://muhlenberg.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/MuhlenbergCareers/job/Ettinger-Building/Assistant-Professor--Modern-Hebrew_R0000430
Instructions[edit | edit source]
Please add jobs in the following format and order them alphabetically by institution.
- Example University (State/Province, Country). Position Title. Specializations. Deadline. TT/NT. FT/PT. Link to Job ad(s). Updates:
TT/NT: Tenure-track or Non-tenure track.
FT/PT: Full-Time or Part-Time
For the sake of user-friendliness, please do not add more detailed content of the job ad on this page. (This is a departure from previous years, when these pages tended to become difficult to navigate. The new guidelines are modeled on more user-friendly Academic Wiki pages serving other disciplines.)
Add updates to the end of each entry as they come in: Additional materials requested, video interview scheduled, campus visit scheduled, offer extended, offer accepted, rejection received.
Please post "Have you heard?" questions above, under Word on the Street.
Please contribute to transparency in the academy by adding yourself and your advisors to the Academic Tree project.
Jobs with 2020 Application Deadlines[edit | edit source]
Williams College (Williamstown, MA, USA). One-Year Visiting Assistant Professorship in Arabic Studies. Deadline: March 1, 2021. (NT, FT) http://apply.interfolio.com/83612
any requests for interviews yet?
Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines[edit | edit source]
Al Akhawayn University (Morocco): Lecturer/Assistant Professor in Arabic Literature and Rhetoric[edit | edit source]
- The School of Humanities and Social Sciences (SHSS) of Al Akhawayn University in Ifrane (AUI) invites applications from qualified, enthusiastic candidates for one position in Arabic literature and rhetoric as of Fall 2021
- Candidates should hold an M.A. degree or Ph.D. in Arabic literature and language or other relevant area, including second-language acquisition, linguistics, and language pedagogy
- For more information and to apply, see: http://www.aui.ma/images/SHSS_ARA-Fall2021.pdf
- Duties include:
- teaching three to four undergraduate classes per regular semester;•teaching in the intensive Arabic language summer session (ARANAS)
- contributing to a growing literature and language program through course design and creation and materials development;
- being ready to take on a leadership role in curricular and program development and extracurricular activities through service that includes placement or proficiency testing, weekly language tables, and other activities relating to extracurricular Arabic language use;
- supervising and coordinate the Arabic program in rotation with other instructors
- Deadline: Feb. 28, 2021
Queen Mary, University of London (London, UK) Lecturer (=TT Asst. Prof. in US system) in Arabic and Comparative Literature. Deadline: April 29, 2021.
Muhlenberg College (Allentown, PA, USA). Assistant Professor of Modern Hebrew. Deadline: January 11, 2021. TT. FT. https://muhlenberg.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/MuhlenbergCareers/job/Ettinger-Building/Assistant-Professor--Modern-Hebrew_R0000430[edit | edit source]
has anyone heard from Hamilton College? ==Word on the Street==