Please add phone interviews, campus visits and AHA invitations
How many people are using this wiki? 12 (12/11/09)
Hey everyone, so I cleaned up the site a bit, hope no one minds (12/08)
Good luck everyone! Remember, no matter what the hand of "The Market" writes, you are brilliant and deserving of greatness. Buena suerte. Boa sorte.
Are there really this few updates on offers???
Colonial[edit | edit source]
Boston College - Colonial Spanish American History
- request for additional writing sample received 11/13
- AHA interviews scheduled 12/11 (x3)
- On-campus interview scheduled (1/20)
- Offer declined (2/26)
Texas State University-San Marcos - Tenure-Track, Spanish Colonial South America
- Letter of Acknowledgment received
- Texas State will not be interviewing at the AHA, but will be conducting phone interviews prior to the conference.
- Offer accepted (2/24)
[edit | edit source]
Modern[edit | edit source]
Colgate University - Assistant Professor - Latin American historian
- Acknowledgment of application and request for diversity information received (10/14)
- Phone interview scheduled next week (10/24) x 3
- On-campus interview scheduled (11/4) x 4
- Offer accepted.
Dalhousie University - Assistant Professor, Latin American history
- Acknowledgment of application and request for citizenship and diversity information received (10/13)
- On-campus interview scheduled (10/30)
- Rejection letter (1/11), position filled.
Moravian College - Assistant Professor, Latin American and/or Caribbean
- Acknowledgment of application received (11/18); scheduled AHA interview (12/04) x 3
- From a reliable source: They are scheduling 20 AHA interviews for this position.
- Yowza, that's a lot.
- Thx for sharing that info, because if it ends up being the only interview I have, I'm on the fence about trekking out to San Diego just for that. Now that I know there are 19 others being interviewed, it helps me make a decision!
- I can second that -- the search chair told me they were interviewing 20 candidates, which is definitely a lot. It'll be a meat market feel in the pit. Glad I got a morning interview!
- Any word here?
- Campus interviews already scheduled.
Does anyone know how many people they invited for a campus interview?
- Offer accepted.
Washington University - St. Louis - Latin America
- Acknowledgment of application received (10/15)
- Has anyone been contacted for an interview from Wash U? (11/2)
- Request for sample of written work -- dissertation chapters and up to two published articles (11/9) x 6
- Rejection received 11/16. East Coast. (x 6)
- AHA interview scheduled (12/08) x 4
- On-campus interview scheduled (1/11)
- Two offers extended, from 4 finalists; both accepted.
Western Illinois University - Assistant Professor (tenure-track), Latin American History
- Acknowledgment of application received (10/29) (11/13) x 2
- Request for diversity information received (11/19) x3
- Rejection received x 2
- AHA interviews scheduled (11/20) x 3
- campus interviews scheduled (1/21
- How many interviews are scheduled?
- a: I think there are 3 invitations
- Offer declined (3/6)
- Offer withdrawn; All faculty searches at WIU cancelled due to budgetary and liquidity crisis (3/22)
Texas Tech University - Assistant Professor, History of Mexico
- Request for dissertation chapters/manuscript (11/16) x 3
- AHA interview scheduled (12/04) x 3
- Any news of campus invites?
- has anyone heard anything at all about this search?
- I know somebody who got a campus visit as of 1/25.
- Friend had campus interview on 2/3.
- offer made and accepted, a mexicanist (19th century)...
Roger Williams University - Assistant Professor, Latin American history
- Acknowledgment of application received x4 (11/16)
- phone interview scheduled (11/16)
- Strange things happening with this job. They have searched for this position for at least the last three years. I had a phone interview two years ago that involved seven faculty from Roger Williams and a lengthy discussion about what constitutes the corpus for a Western Civ class on democracy (none of which coming from or dealing with Latin America). The interview went fine, but I never heard from them again. No notice that they went another direction, canceled the search, or anything. Nothing.
- Received rejection by email (12/07) x 4; rejection received shortly after phone interview (12/07)
- Rejection email sent in error (computer glitch) and "your application is still being reviewed" ? (12/07) x4 - these people are a mess.
- Phone interview scheduled (12/10)
- Bona fide rejection email received (12/16)
- On-campus interview scheduled for February (12/16)
- Rejection email received - no news on whether they filled the position (3/1)
- Offer declined (3/4)
SUNY Purchase - Assistant Professor, Latin American History
- has anyone received a receipt of application for this job?
- I haven't; although I think I applied pretty close to the deadline. (12/07)
- thanks-- I checked my online app, and it still says "in progress."
- any word of any kind on this job?
- Contacted candidates for letters of rec (1/20) and sample syllabi x5
- any word on this since candidates sent out materials?
- interview scheduled (2/12) x2
- Q: Telephone or on-campus?
- Any news?
- On-campus interview scheduled (2/24)
- Offer accepted (4/8)
Assumption College - Assistant Professor, Latin American History
- Acknowledgment of application received (11/23) x 2
- AHA interview scheduled (12/11) x 5
- has anyone heard about campus visits here?
- I got my post-AHA rejection via snail mail today! Apparently they're bringing three people to campus. (1/21) x 4
- can anyone confirm that they have an on campus interview?
- I can confirm that someone has an on-campus next week.
- Offer accepted.
CW Post, Long Island University - Assistant Professor, Latin American History
- Acknowledgement of application received (12/10) mentioned that they'll interview at the AHA
- Q: was your acknowledgement of application sent via email, or the usps?
- It was usps. dated 12/4, received 12/10 x 2
- interview scheduled for AHA (12/16) x 2
- How was it scheduled? did they call or email?
- Emailed then followed up with phonecall
- Campus visit scheduled for February (1/17)
- Position filled (3/1)
University of North Carolina - Greensboro - Assistant Professor, Latin American History
- Acknowledgment of application and request for diversity information received (11/9) x 3 (12/11)
- Phone interview scheduled for January after the AHA (12/11) x 3
- Q: how was it scheduled? did they call you, or email you? A: They called me.
- 2 finalists invited for campus interviews (1/15)
- Rejection email, position filled (2/10)
NYU - Faculty Fellow, Latin American Studies
- Has anyone heard anything from NYU?
- I have it from a very good source: they have just barely started sorting through their applications. Don't expect to hear anything until after the break. (12/18)
- 8 candidates have been contacted for phone interviews. (1/26)
University of Texas of the Permian Basin - Assistant Professor, Latin American History
- Acknowledgment of application received via email (11/12)
- Request for diversity information received (11/16)
- Phone Interview Scheduled for next week (11/23) x 2
- On-campus interview scheduled for January after AHA (12/10) x 2
- Offer accepted (2/22)
The New School - Assistant Professor, Latin American History
- Has anyone heard anything from the new school? acknowledgement of application? Interview or anything?
- I had a fright a couple days ago: They emailed me to say they had received my letters of rec and on-line app, but had never gotten my CV, writing sample... basically all the materials I had emailed. I checked and had sent it to the proper email but nevertheless re-sent it. After pestering original person with several emails, they finally responded saying all my materials were in order. Goes to show they have received a lot of applications, and are only now starting to sort through them. (12/18)
- AHA interviews scheduled (12/21) X 4
- Any word, AHA interviewees?
- No word yet.
- Heard a rumor that they already have someone groomed for this position and they're just running the search as a formality--anybody know anything?
- I don't know whether the search is just a formality or not, but it is true that they have someone who has already been lecturing there for years.
- Hard to know -- even the person doesn't know, but the position does appear to be tailored for him. But someone else at New School told me it was a serious search. In any case, I haven't heard a thing, so I assume I was not invited to campus as of 1/27.
- I heard that the campus visits have already been scheduled.
Oakland University Assistant Professor, Latin American history
- Acknowledgment of application and request for diversity information received (12/2)
- Q: any news about this job? (12/20)
- Did not go to AHA (1/6)
- Applications under review, expect to have phone interviews mid-late Jan. (1/6)
- Contacted candidates for phone interviews (1/18)
- Does anyone recall if they mentioned when they would contact candidates for campus visits? (2/1)
- I believe late in the week of February 1st or early the 8th.
- On campus interviews scheduled
- offer issued 4/13
- offer accepted
Presbyterian College - Tenure Track Latin American and/or Caribbean History
- Acknowledgment of application received via email (12/1) x2, (12/12) x 1 (mentioned they will be interviewing at the AHA)
- Didn't someone say they have an AHA interview scheduled here the other day? Does anyone?
- AHA interview scheduled (12/19)
- On-campus interview scheduled (1/12)
- Offer accepted (3/19)
University of Texas - Pan American - Assistant Professor, Mexican American Borderlands History
University of Tennessee - Knoxville - Four faculty positions in Africana Studies
- Acknowledgment of application and request for diversity information received (12/7)
University of Massachusetts - Boston - Assistant Professor in Brazilian Studies
- Acknowledgement of application received via email (12/07)(12/16)
- conference call/in-person semi-finalist interview scheduled (12/30)
- Does anyone know if there is an inside candidate and was this search just a formality?
Fordham University - Assistant Professor, US Latino/Hispanic History
Any word on this? I really wanted to apply, but convinced myself it wouldn't work out, now regretting!
they recently invited 2 applicants for campus interviews.
East Stroudsburg University - Assistant Professor Latin American history
- Informal AHA meeting scheduled (01/04) (x3)
- Anyone know what an "informal" interview is? SC was not particularly forthcoming with details.
- On-campus interview scheduled (1/22).
- Position filled (3/8)
Minnesota State University - Moorhead - Assistant Professor, Latin American/African History
- Anyone has heard about this job?
- Inside hire, basically.
- offer made and accepted (3/29).
Mercy College- Assistant or Associate Professor, Latin American History
Phone interview scheduled (2/17) x2
On-campus interview scheduled (3/15)
Austin Peay State University - Assistant Professor, Latin American History
- Request for information (2/26)
United States Military Academy, West Point- Assistant Professor, Latin American History (3-year)
- Acknowledgment of application received (1/25)
- Request for information on citizenship (2/19)
- visits scheduled 3/10
- Offer made and accepted (4/13).
University of Wisconsin - Stevens Point -- Assistant Prof, Latin American History tt
Any word on this? Phone interviews have been scheduled as of 3/2
On Campus interview scheduled, (3/19)
University of Chicago, Lecturer/Postdoc in Latin American studies
Northwestern University, Postdoc in Mexican or Brazilian Studies
- Second request for additional materials (2/15)
- Offer accepted (3/30)
University of North Carolina - Charlotte, Lecturer
- Phone interview (3/2)
- Rejection (3/3)
Gettysburg College, Visiting Assistant Professor in Latin American History
Return to Academic Jobs Wiki
Return to History 2009-2010