See Also: World/Global History 2010-11
Please use "Heading 3" when adding names of schools/positions to this page.
- 1 Users
- 2 Arizona State University (Barrett Honors College)
- 3 Delaware State University
- 4 George Mason University, Assistant Professor in International Studies (Tenure-Track)
- 5 Occidental College
- 6 Pitzer College - Open rank local-global position
- 7 University of Washington Bothell
- 8 University of Wisconsin-Madison
- 9 University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
Users[edit | edit source]
How many people are checking this page? 4
Arizona State University (Barrett Honors College)[edit | edit source]
- Lecturer, Barrett Honors College
- Qualifications: A PhD in any field of social sciences, (including interdisciplinary and area studies, e.g. African American studies), or natural sciences (including interdisciplinary programs, e.g., environmental science), is required. Applicants with specialties in Asia, Africa and Latin America and/or whose teaching and research engages diverse perspectives and contributes to knowledge about our multicultural society are particularly encouraged. Experience leading discussion seminars is desirable.
- Deadline: March 4, 2011
- Assist. Prof. - Global Societies Program, College of Arts, Humanities and Social Services
- Apply on line at http://www.desu.edu/ - Posting will remain open until filled
- Successful applicants will be involved in teaching, research, and service as required of all tenure track positions; will teach multiple sections of the Global Societies class whenever needed; perform other administrative duties associated with the Global Societies Program, including grant writing and planning and executing the Global Societies Lecture Series; Supervise students enrolled in all sections of the Global Societies course as needed; plan workshops and events related to the Program; advise students on global issues and study abroad programs; serve on the Global Societies Committee; serve on other University committees; contribute to a rapidly growing global intellectual environment on the campus; perform other duties relating to the Global Societies Program.
George Mason University, Assistant Professor in International Studies (Tenure-Track)[edit | edit source]
- The George Mason University, New Century College (NCC)--the undergraduate integrative studies college located on the Fairfax, Va., campus--invites applications for an Assistant Professor specializing in International Studies (2:2 teaching load with commensurate research obligations).
- Competitive candidates will offer a specialization in 21st century global issues such as (but not limited to): global socio-economic and environmental justice, international legal studies, or migration and transnational citizenship. The successful candidate will be expected to apply an integrative/interdisciplinary approach to the teaching of undergraduate courses in the theory and practice of international studies, and enhance global perspectives within NCC's first-year learning communities. The successful candidate will also contribute to a wider, collaborative teaching and learning environment characterized by active learning communities, innovative pedagogies and customized integrative studies degrees in either the arts or sciences.
- Competitive candidates, in addition, should be eager to:
- Enhance NCC's international studies concentration to meet the needs of a diverse student body;
- Design and teach learning communities that enhance the international studies concentration;
- Incorporate experiential learning and field work into students' learning (e.g., service learning, internships, study abroad, etc.)
- Support the expansion of undergraduate learning and research using quantitative and/or qualitative methods; and
- Work collaboratively with other NCC faculty to develop the preparedness of integrative studies graduates for the global workplace.
- Salary Range: $51,000 to $55,000 with the possibility of summer teaching opportunities.
- Qualifications: An earned terminal degree in a relevant international studies field is required together with evidence of successful undergraduate teaching experiences. NCC is particularly interested in candidates who combine academic experience with practice in the field, and who are actively interested in the development of new pedagogical models to maximize students' learning within the field of international studies. Competitive candidates are expected to pursue a dynamic research agenda; demonstrate commitment to scholarly teaching; and ideally, offer evidence of securing external funding for research and/or program development. George Mason is an equal opportunity employer, and strongly encourages candidates from diverse racial and ethnic backgrounds to apply.
- For full consideration, applicants must apply for position F7254z at http://jobs.gmu.edu/; complete the faculty application; and attach a cover letter, curriculum vitae and teaching philosophy statement. Please mail statement of research goals and three letters of reference to: Sue Woodfine, International Studies Search Committee, New Century College, MSN 5D3, George Mason University, 4400 University Drive, Fairfax, VA 22030.
- Review of applications will begin on January 3, 2011.
- Emails went out week of Feb. 7.
- Have they started their interviews?
- Globalization and/or Trans-state Processes in International Relations/Assistant Professor
- Occidental College, the Department of Diplomacy and World Affairs, invites applications for a tenure-track position as Assistant Professor in the field of International Relations to begin in fall 2011. We are specifically searching for a candidate with expertise in some aspect of globalizing and/or trans-state processes that impact on significant international issues. Strong preference will be given to those whose PhD research is grounded in the intersection of such processes with the politics of any area or areas within the Middle East (especially Iran), Central Asia, South Asia or Latin America.
- Any news here? (12/4)
- Received ack email (12/2) which said they will contact if they require additional materials or wish to setup an interview.
- Received rejection letter by email (1/24)
Pitzer College - Open rank local-global position[edit | edit source]
Anyone received phone interviews for this/heard anything else?
I had a phone interview but have not heard anything else yet. Has anyone else who had a phone interview heard anything else yet?
Q: When was the phone interview?
A: Jan 12. You?
Q: Anyone heard anything? They brought out 4 candidates. I was one of them, in late February. They said decision could be a month or more! Have heard nothing since. It took them over a month to do phone interviews so perhaps there is hope...
I just got an email stating that they closed the search altogether and would revisit the position in AY 2012-13.
- Global Studies-Associate Professor, tenured (one full-time position).
- Interdisciplinary Arts and Sciences seeks a dynamic educator who integrates research, teaching, and practice in Global Studies, with an emphasis on postcolonial history and theory, transnational feminism, and/or international development and political economy. The successful candidate will join an interdisciplinary faculty working across the arts, humanities, and social and natural sciences in an integrative curriculum with an emphasis on experiential and community-engaged scholarship and pedagogy. Ph.D. required at time of appointment.
- For more information about IAS and UWB and a full description of the position, see http://www.uwb.edu/IAS/. Preferred deadline: 29 November 2010.
- email ack 30 Nov
- Any news?
- Candidate selected
University of Wisconsin-Madison[edit | edit source]
International Studies Position (globalization or human rights focus)
Has anyone heard any news about this search?
Yeah, anyone? (x4)
Have any candidates been called/brought in; is the search even still taking place? (12/14/2010)
Haven't heard a peep (12/17/2010) x2
Form reject saying offers have been made. 491 apps for 2 positions. 1/6/11
University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee[edit | edit source]
- Assistant/Associate Professor of Global Studies
- Deadline: Review begins November 15, 2010
- Has anyone been contacted yet?
- Not a peep (12/10)
- I haven't (12/10)
- Email confirmation (12/9--though I asked)
- Job offered and accepted
- In less than a month? Was this an inside job? Were there interviews, job talks etc.?
- This is very unusual, especially since the Head of School told me in an e-mail last week that they had not finished the selection process yet-go figure?
- Email rejection. Very brief note stating they were pursuing other candidates. 3/18/11