Back to: History 2021-22
Last Year's Page: History of Sci Tech & Med 2020-21
When posting new jobs:
- Follow the format of existing post
- Use the 'Preview' button to check for errors before hitting 'Publish'
- Include a link to the original advert in the heading.
- When posting new jobs, use Heading 2 for new categories, and Heading 3 for jobs.
- Add entries in alphabetical order. (Note that "University of X" should be alphabetized by U as first sort, and X as second sort within the U listings)
- Our users come from all over the world - please use unambiguous dating systems when posting.
- Be aware of the T&C of the wiki relating to personal data when discussing candidates/job talks etc.
- If you are deleting information from the page use the 'Edit Summary' box to explain why you are doing so - this helps the mods tell the difference between page vandals and legit. edits.
- 1 RECENT ACTIVITY (RSS FEED)
- 2 Open/Mixed
- 3 Medicine
- 4 Science
- 5 Technology
RECENT ACTIVITY (RSS FEED)
2021/09/13 10:21- AFII -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 10:21, 13 September 2021 Line 60: Line 60: ==Science== ==Science== + + ===[https://www.h-net.org/jobs/jo...
2021/09/10 09:52- AFII -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 09:52, 10 September 2021 Line 50: Line 50: * PhD must be in hand by July 1, 2022 * PhD must be in hand by July 1, 2022 * application...
2021/08/31 10:54- AFII -
- Science ← Older revision Revision as of 10:54, 31 August 2021 Line 43: Line 43: === [https://apply.interfolio.com/92751 Johns Hopkins University (USA...
2021/08/23 18:38- Gazellenrehlein -
- Medicine ← Older revision Revision as of 18:38, 23 August 2021 Line 41: Line 41: ==Medicine== ==Medicine== + === [htt...
2021/08/06 19:48- 5120j -
- fixed RSS feed ← Older revision Revision as of 19:48, 6 August 2021 Line 21: Line 21: '''Recent Edits''' '''Recent Edits'''...
Subscribe to RSS feed for this page: ]
University of Rochester (USA:NY) - Open Rank, Medical Humanities & Bioethics
- Assistant Professor or Associate Professor level faculty member for a position, tenure track.
- Candidates must have an excellent record of quality teaching and scholarship, including a demonstration of a strong scholarly career track. PhD or JD required. Additional clinical degree, bioethics credentialing, and experience in an academic health center preferred. We especially welcome faculty who bring an equity lens to their teaching and who demonstrate a strong record of collaboration in scholarship and research.
- Teaching: Teaching in existing medical school courses and Medical Humanities & Bioethics electives; Teaching, or co-teaching, one course in the Master's in Medical Humanities Program; Directing the URSMD Bioethics Pathway Program; Advising student-run bioethics interest groups; Working with the Director of the Division of Medical Humanities and the Director of the Clinical Bioethics Program to organize meetings, conferences, and educational outreach programs; Develop a research program that leads to presentations at national meetings and publications in peer-reviewed journals; Mentoring students in undergraduate and graduate medical programs
- Preferred and Required Qualifications: Candidates must have an excellent record of quality teaching and scholarship, including a demonstration of a strong scholarly career track. PhD or JD required. Additional clinical degree, bioethics credentialing, and experience in an academic health center preferred. We especially welcome faculty who bring an equity lens to their teaching and who demonstrate a strong record of collaboration in scholarship and research.
- Application Details: Interested individuals should apply on-line to Job posting #227159 at http://www.rochester.edu/working/hr/jobs/
- Deadline: not stated in ad
- 29 Jul: No deadline or start date are provided in the posting. I emailed the department to inquire, and I was told that there is no fixed start date and the committee is hoping to conduct interviews the first week of August.
- 6 Aug: Did you ask the best way to apply? the online application system only includes a place to upload a CV.
- 6 Aug: Initial application is just the CV; I later received an email invitation to submit additional materials from the department.
Johns Hopkins University (USA: MD) - History of Health and Medicine
- Tenure-track faculty at the rank of Assistant Professor in the Department of the History of Medicine of the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine
- "The Department is committed to broadening the history of health and medicine, and seeks a new colleague to address areas not covered by existing faculty, specifically in the history of medicine, health and healing in East Asia, Southeast Asia, South Asia, and sub-Saharan Africa, or other geographical areas which would extend the reach of our Department"
- "We seek a scholar whose research is innovative and agenda-setting"
- Teaching: "PhD and online MA students within our department’s degree-granting programs, MD and MPH students within the broader schools of medicine and public health at Johns Hopkins, and undergraduates and graduate students through joint appointment in the Program of History of Science, Medicine, and Technology at the Krieger School of Arts and Sciences"; and "[f]aculty members teach graduate and undergraduate courses in the Schools of Medicine, Arts and Sciences, and Public Health"
- "A successful candidate will bring energy and enthusiasm to this broad array of learners; in addition to excellence in historical scholarship and teaching they should also demonstrate a willingness to communicate the relevance of historical analysis to a variety of audiences across Johns Hopkins and beyond"
- PhD must be in hand by July 1, 2022
- application materials: "letter of application, C.V., statement of research interests, a sample syllabus, a chapter-length writing sample, and three letters of reference"
- Deadline 15 Oct. 2021
- full time, tenure-track position at the rank of Assistant Professor in the field of History of Medicine beginning in Fall 2022.
- The area of specialization is open, but the department will prioritize applicants whose teaching and research can be placed in a transnational context and/or that explore health disparities across axes of race, ethnicity, gender, class, and region.
- The faculty member will teach specialized upper-level undergraduate and/or master’s level courses as well as survey courses in our Core curriculum. Candidates must have a PhD in hand at the time of appointment and show a commitment to research, teaching, and service.
- To apply, follow this link: https://uab.peopleadmin.com/postings/9587. Applicants should submit a cover letter, CV, and three letters of recommendation. We may ask for other materials at later stages
- Deadline: 15 Oct. 2021
Harvard University (USA:MA) - Modern Life Sciences
- tenure-track Assistant Professor or tenure-track Associate Professor in the History of the Modern Life Sciences
- Applicants with interests in the history of Race and Ethnicity in the Life Sciences are encouraged to apply
- Please submit the following materials through the ARIeS portal (https://academicpositions.harvard.edu/postings/10555). 1. Cover letter. 2. Curriculum Vitae. 3. Teaching/advising statement (describing teaching philosophy and practices, draft syllabi may be included). 4. Research statement. 5. Statement describing efforts to encourage diversity, inclusion, and belonging, including past, current, and anticipated future contributions in these areas. 6. Names and contact information of 3 referees, who will be asked by a system-generated email to upload a letter of recommendation once the candidate’s application has been submitted. Three letters of recommendation are required by the closing date of 15 October, and the application is considered complete only when three letters have been received. At least one letter must come from someone who has not served as the candidate’s undergraduate, graduate, or postdoctoral advisor. 7. Writing sample or copies of publications.
- Deadline: 15 Oct. 2021
- 9 month probationary tenure track assistant professorship in History of Science, to begin 15 Aug. 2022
- Interested candidates please complete an online application for posting number 512050 at https://jobs.illinoisstate.edu/ and additionally submit the following items: a letter of application, c.v., a chapter-length sample of scholarship, and three confidential letters of reference. Please send materials electronically to email@example.com
- Deadline: 1 Nov. 2021
Johns Hopkins University (USA:MD) - Physical Sciences
- tenure-track assistant professor in the history of the modern physical sciences, broadly construed with the anticipated start date of July 1, 2022
- The position is open to all areas of scholarship within the history of modern physical sciences in the 18th- 21st centuries.
- Teaching: The position involves undergraduate and graduate teaching, as well as supervision of graduate students at M.A. and Ph.D. levels. Candidate must be able to teach our core undergraduate survey course in the history of modern science (18th- 21st centuries) along with a parallel graduate reading course that prepares students for qualifying exams
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, a description of scholarly and teaching activity, and three letters of reference. All application material should be submitted online via Interfolio at: http://apply.interfolio.com/91583
- Review begins: 15 Oct. 2021 and continues until position filled