- 1 Global Studies/International Studies 2013-2014
- 1.1 Cal State Long Beach - Assistant/Associate Professor - International Studies
- 1.2 Mercer University - Assistant Professor of Global Health(Open until filled; apply by 2/24 for fullest consideration)
- 1.3 National Endowment for the Humanities (Washington, DC)
- 1.4 New York University - Global History with a focus on East or South Asia (Non-TT)
- 1.5 University of Colorado Denver
Global Studies/International Studies 2013-2014[edit | edit source]
- Completion of the doctoral degree or official notification of completion of the doctoral degree by August 1, 2014
- Demonstrated excellence in teaching as well as research and scholarly activities
- Commitment to and/or expertise in educating a diverse student population
- Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to the interdisciplinary exploration of contemporary issues in international studies
- Disciplinary background is open but applicants should demonstrate thematic expertise in Migration and Citizenship or Nationalism and Identity
- Candidates are expected to have a high degree of proficiency in a language appropriate for their regional specialization
- Additional experience with one of the following thematic areas is an asset: International Social Conflict, International Development
- Regional expertise in Latin America or the Middle East
- Scholarly activity in the candidate’s area of specialization.
- Candidates will teach a variety of courses at multiple levels including Introduction to International Studies, International Studies Senior Seminar, and International Studies specialty courses.
- Participate in activities serving the department, college, university and community.
The International Studies Program at California State University, Long Beach welcomes and encourages diversity. We seek applicants and nominations from those who have experience teaching, mentoring, and developing research in ways that effectively address individuals from historically underrepresented backgrounds. The University seeks to recruit and retain a diverse workforce as a reflection of our commitment to serve the people of California, to maintain excellence of the University, and to offer our students richly varied disciplines, perspectives and ways of knowing and learning. California State University, Long Beach is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer.
- Letter of application addressing the minimum and desired/preferred qualifications
- CV (including current e-mail address)
- Three to five letters of recommendation
- A writing sample
- A copy of transcript from institution awarding highest degree.
- Finalists will also be required to submit a signed SC-1 form and an official transcript.
Applications and required documentation must be submitted through AcademicJobsOnline.com (position #2099). Application materials will not be accepted via post or e-mail.”
Review of applications to begin October 15, 2013. Position opened until filled (or recruitment canceled).
- Campus Interviews held (2/01)
Mercer University - Assistant Professor of Global Health(Open until filled; apply by 2/24 for fullest consideration)[edit | edit source]
The Department of International and Global Studies at MERCER UNIVERSITY invites applications for a tenure-track assistant professor position in Global Health.
Starting Date: August 1, 2014
Qualifications: A PhD or DrPH in a Public Health discipline, or related fields. Area of emphasis in Global Health is open, but ability to teach Epidemiology, Global Health Policy and/or Medical Anthropology are highly desirable. Preference will be given to candidates who focus on health issues in Asia or Latin America. Strong preference will be given to candidates with interdisciplinary training, including disciplines in the social sciences. Training in writing instruction, a background in liberal arts education, and membership in Phi Beta Kappa are considered advantages. Successful candidates must show promise of excellence in teaching and scholarly activity.
Responsibilities: Duties will consist of teaching seven undergraduate courses per year. Courses within the program include but are not limited to: Introduction to Global Health, Global Health Challenges, Epidemiology, Global Health Policy, Environmental Health and a Senior Design and Senior Project sequence. As faculty in the College of Liberal Arts, there is also an expectation to teach courses in the general education programs as a component of the annual teaching load. The successful candidate will take part in the evaluation and refinement of the undergraduate degree in Global Health Studies, and have the opportunity to develop new courses in his or her area of specialization. Research involving undergraduates is highly encouraged.
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience and qualifications.
To apply: Candidates should access www.mercerjobs.com to complete a brief online application and attach a letter of interest, current CV, statements of teaching philosophy and professional interests, and names and email addresses of three references. Candidates should also request that their referees mail their letters directly to: Dr. Eimad Houry, International and Global Studies, Mercer University, 1400 Coleman Ave Macon GA 31207.
Review of applications will begin immediately. For full consideration, applicants are encouraged to submit all materials before February 24, but review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Founded in 1833, Mercer University is a dynamic and comprehensive center of undergraduate, graduate and professional education. The University has approximately 7,600 students; 11 schools and colleges – liberal arts, law, pharmacy, medicine, business, engineering, education, theology, music, nursing and continuing and professional studies; major campuses in Macon, Atlanta and Savannah; three regional academic centers across the state; a university press; two teaching hospitals — Memorial University Medical Center and the Medical Center of Central Georgia; educational partnerships with Warner Robins Air Logistics Center in Warner Robins and Piedmont Healthcare in Atlanta; an engineering research center in Warner Robins; a performing arts center in Macon; and a NCAA Division I athletic program. For more information, visit www.mercer.edu. For additional information about Mercer and the Department of International and Global Studies, please call 1-478-301-2793, email email@example.com, or consult the program web site can be reached at http://cla.mercer.edu/global/ghs/
An AA/EOE Employer, Mercer strongly encourages applications from females and members of minority groups.
- Deadline April 15, 2014
The National Endowment for the Humanities (NEH), an independent federal agency based in Washington, DC, will hire a full-time program position in the Division of Preservation and Access. In order to be found minimally qualified for this position, applicants must possess at least a BA in a humanities field, in addition to the qualifications listed above. A MA or PhD degree is preferred.
Persons with expertise in Literature and Linguistics or in Asian, Latin American, or Middle Eastern/Near Eastern Studies are particularly encouraged to apply.
(The position is open to United States citizens.)
The complete description, including instructions on how to apply, can be found at https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/365305500.
New York University - Global History with a focus on East or South Asia (Non-TT)[edit | edit source]
- Liberal Studies at New York University invites applications for full-time non-tenure track faculty positions to begin September 1, 2014, pending administrative and budgetary approval.
- Liberal Studies is an interdisciplinary program, and we welcome applicants from a broad range of disciplinary backgrounds in the Humanities, Sciences, and Social Sciences. Liberal Studies offers the Bachelor of Arts in Global Liberal Studies, which is establishing itself among NYU’s range of premier liberal arts degrees, and an innovative, two-year global core program whose students may complete their degrees in any of NYU’s liberal arts programs. We seek colleagues in the following areas who will, as needed, teach both advanced classes in the fields of specialization listed and courses in the global core (note that successful candidates must be capable of teaching at least two core courses; e. g., Cultural Foundations I and II, Life Science and Environmental Science, etc):
- • Biology or Life Science. PhD in Biology preferred; PhD in History of Science with MSc in Biology considered.
- • Global History with a focus on East or South Asia. PhD in History, E Asian Studies, S Asian Studies, or Religious Studies
- • Political or Institutional Economist (specialization in one or more of the following areas preferred: labor and migration, (global) economic governance, gender studies); PhD in Economics
- • History of Political Economy/Economic Thought. PhD in Philosophy, Political Science, Economics or History
- Minimum qualifications: a Ph.D. or other appropriate terminal degree in hand by the date of appointment; three years of college-level teaching experience; and demonstrated excellence in teaching. Publications or other evidences of outstanding scholarship and relevant professional activity are strongly preferred. All Liberal Studies full-time faculty hold renewable term contracts, initially three years, and later potentially five years, in duration. There is no limit to the number of times a contract may be renewed, contingent upon satisfactory performance. Faculty normally teach three classes per semester. Faculty also are expected to remain engaged in their fields of expertise, to advise undergraduates, and to contribute service to the program and to the University.
- Applications due 11/18/13 - CV and cover letter only
- Interviews scheduled for 1/30-1/31
- Has anyone heard anything about this position? What's the deal with contract-only (not TT)?
- Also posted at Asian History 2013-14
International Studies: The International Studies Program at the University of Colorado, Denver, invites applications for an International Studies specialist to fill a tenure-track position at the level of Assistant Professor, starting August 2014.
The successful candidate will be rostered in either the History or Political Science Department, and will contribute to the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences interdisciplinary International Studies program. This position comes with research, teaching and service expectations. The standard teaching load is 2/2 (four courses each academic year).
Required qualifications: Ph.D. in History, Political Science or a related field; demonstrated ability or promise of excellence in teaching; record of scholarly achievement or promise of future scholarly achievement; regional area of research and teaching expertise must include one or more of the following fields, from a global perspective: Political Economy, Health, the Middle East/North Africa, and/or Latin/South America. Application Instructions: To apply for this position go to http://www.jobsatcu.com.
Reference job posting number 7261, and please complete and submit all on-line application materials. Applicants should also have three letters of reference mailed to the following address:
Professor Christoph Stefes, International Studies Search Chair, Department of Political Science, University of Colorado Denver, Campus Box 190, P.O. Box 173364, Denver, CO 80217-3364.
Review of applications will begin on December 15th and continue until the position is filled. UC Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To achieve this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment. For more information, contact Search Chair Christoph Stefes 303-556-3556303-556-3556 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact: For more information, contact Christoph Stefes at 303.556.3556303.556.3556 or email@example.com. Website: https://www.h-net.org/jobs/www.jobsatcu.com.
- Closing Date February 3, 2014.
- Thank you (whoever you are) for adding this listing to the website. Has anyone heard anything?
- Other than the generic message from the online application system, I haven't heard a thing. (1/27) x3
- Anyone ever hear anything on this one?? (2/13)
- cricket* *cricket* *cricket*
- snail mail reject 2/19 (x6) - Nice of them to tell me what an important contribution they are sure I will make to the field. Makes me feel all warm and tingly inside. :-)
- ^Ditto. Best rejection letter ever.
- They wished me good luck in my political science career. I am an historian.
CallSend SMSAdd to SkypeYou'll need Skype CreditFree via Skype