This page is dedicated to academic jobs in German. The jobs found here are added by individuals as well as drawn from sources such as the MLA job list, Higher Ed Jobs, the Chronicle of Higher Education, Inside Higher Ed, jobs.ac.uk, and other lists and websites.
Please add jobs with the following format:
Name of college/university, title/rank, preferred area(s) of specialization, application due date, link to job ad.
As job search progress indicators become available, add the type of information and date. The link to a job description can be deleted after the application due date. After an offer has been accepted, please underline the name of the institution so that we can easily see which positions have already been filled.
- Midwest Dreamland U, asst. prof., 20th C, due 11/1/21, link
- writing sample requested by email, 12/1 (x5)
- phone interview scheduled, 12/15 (x4)
- MLA interview scheduled, 12/20 (x3)
- on-campus interview invitation, 1/15
- offer extended, 3/15
- offer accepted, 3/25
- rejection letter received, 4/1
Last year's page: German Studies 2020-2021.
- 1 RECENT ACTIVITY on German 2021-2022 Wiki
- 2 Tenure Track Faculty Positions
- 3 Senior Faculty Positions
- 4 Visiting/Non-Tenure Track/Term-Limited Faculty Positions
- 5 Applied Linguistics/Language Coordinator/Pedagogy/Program Director Positions
- 6 Renewable Non-Tenure Track Lecturer/Instructor Positions
- 7 Part-Time/Adjunct Positions
- 8 Spring 2022 Positions
- 9 Faculty Positions outside of Canada and the U.S.
- 10 Multi-Language Faculty Positions
- 11 Other Germanic Languages
- 12 Other German-Related Faculty Positions
- 13 Demographics
- 14 Discussion
RECENT ACTIVITY on German 2021-2022 Wiki[edit | edit source]
2021/08/03 13:26- Spielplatz -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 13:26, 3 August 2021 Line 20: Line 20: Last year's page: [[German 2020-2021|German Studies 2020-2021]]. Last year's page: [[German 2020-2021|German...
2021/08/02 20:01- 188.8.131.52 -
- Adds U Chicago job ← Older revision Revision as of 20:01, 2 August 2021 Line 35: Line 35: ==Senior Faculty Positions== ==Senior Faculty Positions== + + # '...
2021/08/01 03:10- 184.108.40.206 -
- Updated viewer count ← Older revision Revision as of 03:10, 1 August 2021 Line 98: Line 98: Search Committee Member: Search Committee Member: − Lurker: + Lurke...
2021/07/31 16:20- 220.127.116.11 -
- Other German-Related Faculty Positions ← Older revision Revision as of 16:20, 31 July 2021 Line 72: Line 72: ==Other German-Related Faculty Positions== ==Other German-R...
2021/07/26 07:19- 18.104.22.168 -
- Demographics ← Older revision Revision as of 07:19, 26 July 2021 Line 82: Line 82: ABD (will finish this academic year): 2 ABD (will finish this academic year): 2 − P...
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/German_2021-2022?feed=rss&action=history
View page history: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/German_2021-2022?action=history
Tenure Track Faculty Positions [edit | edit source]
- Rice U (TX), asst. or assoc. prof., Black German Studies, Turkish German Studies, German Colonialism, Immigration and Multiculturalism in Germany, or Environmental Humanities, review begins 10/1/21, link
Senior Faculty Positions[edit | edit source]
- U of Chicago (IL), full prof., review begins 10/1/21, link
Visiting/Non-Tenure Track/Term-Limited Faculty Positions[edit | edit source]
See also: Humanities and Social Sciences Postdocs
Applied Linguistics/Language Coordinator/Pedagogy/Program Director Positions[edit | edit source]
Renewable Non-Tenure Track Lecturer/Instructor Positions[edit | edit source]
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, lecturer, due 9/30/21, link
Part-Time/Adjunct Positions[edit | edit source]
- Tufts University, Part-time German Language Lecturer, link
Spring 2022 Positions[edit | edit source]
Faculty Positions outside of Canada and the U.S.[edit | edit source]
Multi-Language Faculty Positions[edit | edit source]
Other Germanic Languages[edit | edit source]
Other German-Related Faculty Positions[edit | edit source]
- U of Colorado Boulder, Louis P. Singer endowed chair in Jewish history, modern European history, due 9/13/21, link
Demographics[edit | edit source]
Change the count in the category to which you belong. This permits us to have somewhat of an overview on the nature of the market demographics in German Studies.
ABD (will finish this academic year): 2
Ph.D. in hand (visiting asst. prof., lecturer/senior lecturer, post-doc, adjunct): 3
Ph.D. in hand (alt ac):
Ph.D. in hand (unemployed):
Associate Professor: 1
Search Committee Member:
Faculty "Job Coach":