Back to: History 2021-22
Last Year's Page: European History 2020-21
When posting new jobs:
- Please try to follow the format of existing posts
- Use the 'Preview' button to check for errors before hitting 'Publish';
- Please include a link to the original advert in the heading.
- When posting new jobs, please use Heading 2 for new categories, and Heading 3 for jobs.
- Add entries in alphabetical order. (Note that "University of X" should be alphabetized by U as first sort, and X as second sort within the U listings.)
- Add entries in alphabetical order. (Note that "University of X" should be alphabetized by U as first sort, and X as second sort within the U listings.
- Our users come from all over the world - please use unambiguous dating systems when posting.
- Please be aware of the T&C of the wiki relating to personal data when discussing candidates/job talks etc.
- If you are deleting information from the page please use the 'Edit Summary' box to explain why you are doing so - this helps the mods tell the difference between page vandals and legit. edits.
- 1 Recent Edits (RSS Feed)
- 2 Mixed/Open/Thematic
- 3 Ancient
- 4 Ancient/Medieval
- 5 Medieval
- 6 Medieval/Early Modern
- 7 Early Modern
- 8 Early Modern/Modern
- 9 Modern
- 10 British (inc. Scottish)
- 11 French
- 12 Irish
- 13 Italian
- 14 Ottoman
- 15 Russian/Eastern Europe
- 16 Turkish
Recent Edits (RSS Feed)[edit | edit source]
2021/07/23 10:11- AFII -
- St. Olaf's College (USA:MN) ← Older revision Revision as of 10:11, 23 July 2021 Line 64: Line 64: ==Early Modern/Modern== ==Early Modern/Modern== ===[https://stolaf.hiretouch.c...
2021/07/20 10:42- AFII -
- Early Modern ← Older revision Revision as of 10:42, 20 July 2021 Line 54: Line 54: * Ph.D. in History or related field by start of appointment. * Ph.D. in History or related field...
2021/07/19 10:33- AFII -
- Russian/Eastern Europe ← Older revision Revision as of 10:33, 19 July 2021 Line 71: Line 71: ==Ottoman== ==Ottoman== ==Russian/Eastern Europe== ==Russian/Eastern Europe==...
2021/07/14 09:09- AFII -
- Medieval ← Older revision Revision as of 09:09, 14 July 2021 Line 33: Line 33: ==Ancient/Medieval== ==Ancient/Medieval== ==Medieval== ==Medieval== + ===[https://www...
2021/07/13 09:33- AFII -
- Mixed/Open/Thematic ← Older revision Revision as of 09:33, 13 July 2021 Line 23: Line 23: ==Mixed/Open/Thematic== ==Mixed/Open/Thematic== + ===[https://www.h-net....
Subscribe to RSS feed for this page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/European_History_2021-22?feed=rss&action=history
Mixed/Open/Thematic[edit | edit source]
St Olaf College (USA:MN) - since 1400[edit | edit source]
- Full-time, tenure-track assistant professorship in European History since 1400 with a preferred specialization in Western European history
- Ph.D. in-hand at time of the appointment (August, 2022)
- Teaching load: 6 courses/year, typically 3-1-2 or 2-1-3
- Interested candidates must submit materials online at https://stolaf.hiretouch.com/faculty-postings. A complete application includes: Cover letter, Curriculum vitae, Other: A 500-word statement on Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI). In the DEI statement, candidates should address how they bring diversity and inclusion into their courses and describe their experiences mentoring students from underrepresented and underserved groups. The contact information for three professional references who can speak to your abilities in teaching and scholarship (St. Olaf solicits letters directly after an initial round of screening.)
- Review begins: 1 Oct. 2021
Ancient[edit | edit source]
Ancient/Medieval[edit | edit source]
Medieval[edit | edit source]
- Tenure-track appointment in medieval European history, to start July 1, 2022.
- We aim to appoint an assistant professor who will be responsible for teaching the history of Europe, broadly understood, from c. 500-c. 1450. Specialists in all regions of Europe and all methodological approaches are welcome to apply. Applicants should be able to position their research and teaching with respect to the premodern world at large, whether connectively or comparatively.
- The candidate should be a dedicated scholar with a Ph.D. in hand or expected by September 2022.
- The teaching load in the department is 2-2 plus a January-term course every other year
- Deadline: 1 Oct. 2021
Medieval/Early Modern[edit | edit source]
University of Vienna (AUT) - Economic/Social[edit | edit source]
- University Professor of Economic and Social History of the Late Medieval and Early Modern Ages, 13th - 17th
- Research and teaching experiences should cover both periods, and successful candidates are expected to offer classes crossing topics and periods at the Bachelor, Master, and PhD level and for the Teacher training programme: History, Social Studies and Political Education (Teaching Subject). With respect to research and research-based teaching, the professorship will contribute to the established main research area “Economy and Society – A view from history and cultural studies” of the Faculty for Historical and Cultural Studies. Successful candidates are expected to have a strong interest in theories and methods of social sciences and economics.
- Deadline:29 Sept. 2021
Early Modern[edit | edit source]
- Tenure track assistant professorship in history, to begin Aug. 2022
- Position 2: Early Modern Europe, 1450-1800; thematic field and geographical specialization open. The successful applicant will be expected to teach undergraduate and graduate courses in Early Modern European history.
- Ph.D. in History or related field by start of appointment.
- For full consideration: 8 Sept 2021
Villanova University (USA:PA) - Europe or Med[edit | edit source]
- Tenure track position at the rank of assistant professor in the history of Early Modern Europe or the Early Modern Mediterranean, circa 1400-1700, to begin Aug. 2022
- Villanova is a Catholic university sponsored by the Augustinian order
- Seeking someone whose research and teaching interests intersect with the History of Science and/or Global interactions
- Teaching Load: 3/2 "The successful applicant will teach a thematically based core History course of their creation and will be able to offer undergraduate and graduate courses in their areas of specialization."
- Deadline: 15 Oct. 2021
Early Modern/Modern[edit | edit source]
- See posting, above, in Mixed/Open
Modern[edit | edit source]
British (inc. Scottish)[edit | edit source]
French[edit | edit source]
Irish[edit | edit source]
Italian[edit | edit source]
Ottoman[edit | edit source]
Russian/Eastern Europe[edit | edit source]
Columbia University (USA:NY) - 20thC Russian & Soviet[edit | edit source]
- Tenure track Assistant Professor - 20th-Century Russian and Soviet History
- We are particularly interested in someone who is willing to push the boundaries of the Soviet field, whether by focusing on geographical regions (e.g. Central Asia, diaspora), broader chronologies (e.g. fin de siècle, WWI), or new methodological approaches (e.g. environmental history).
- Applicants should include a letter of application (including a statement of research interests), c.v., and two letters of recommendation, to be submitted online via Columbia University’s Academic Search and Recruitment System (apply.interfolio.com/90551)
- Deadline: 15 Sept. 2021