Back to AcademicJobSearch
Europe: Ancient/Medieval[edit | edit source]
Applicant Counter: Yes, I'm on the market = 5 persons
Updated: 25 February 2007.
- FORMATING WARNING! When I try to edit the page, the GNU FDL advertisement is inconviently placed over the "save page" button. Is there any way to change this? You can work around it by going to the end of the "Summary" text box, hitting tab three times and then return. But it would be nice if that banner were in a different location.
Indiana University-Purdue University Fort Wayne (Ancient/Medieval)
- 11/26: AHA interview scheduled
- 2/6: Any news on this one? I interviewed at the AHA, wrote a thank you note, got a very nice replied, but without any hint regarding timeline. Since then, nothing.
- 2/6: Campus interview scheduled a couple of weeks ago for Feb. 15; they said they were interviewing three candidates.
- 2/25: Job offered and accepted.
Long Island University (ancient/medieval)
- Q (1/3): any news on this one?
- 2/6: Ditto. Still without any sign from them.
- 2/15: Email contact with SC chair, and won't be interviewing until March.
- 4/10: Any news on this one? I've never heard a word.
Milligan College (Ancient/General/Religious)
- 11/8: I received a rejection letter. So I presume they have a shortlist.
University of Alabama (Ancient/Late Antique)
- 1/4 Interviewed at AHA. Said on-campus interview decisions would be made within 2 weeks
- 1/18 Informed of a delay due to bureaucracy
- 2/4 Informed on-campus interview decisions have been made (was this because you got an interview? Was it phone or email and did you contact them or did they contact you?)
- 2/6 No, I did not get an on-campus interview. I heard from a colleague that he got an on-campus. I'm not sure how he was notified.
- 2/13 Confirmed by SC chair via email.
University of California, Irvine (Late Antique)
- application deadline extended to 1/2
- 1/28: Has anyone heard about this one?
- 1/30 They requested writing samples from me ages ago (before the deadline passed) Since then I've heard nothing.
- 2/8 They have a short list, whom I assume have been notified by now.
- 2/10 How do you know?
- 2/12 I was told via email by the search chair when I inquired about the status of the search.
- 2/20 Received letter to that effect
University of Denver (Ancient)
- 2/6 Interviewed at AHA. Said on-campus interviews would be scheduled for late Jan./early Feb. Haven't heard back from them. Anyone knows anything about this one?
- 2/11 Had 2 candidates for on-campus in past weeks.
- 2/20 Received email by SC chair to announce that job had been offered and accepted.
University of Southern Mississippi, Gulf Coast
- 12/11 AHA Interview scheduled (via email and phone)
- 2/2 Haven't heard from them since AHA, have they scheduled on-campus yet?
University of Tulsa
University of West Florida (Ancient/Medieval)
- 12/9: Heard they scheduled AHA interviews
- 2/18 Received email rejection saying position has been filled
West Chester University (Ancient World History)
- 12/7 received letter indicating they wanted an interview at AHA but were missing a letter. Never heard from them. Anyone else? Did they interview at AHA?
- 2/6 They did interview at the AHA and did phone interviews for those attending the APA. They are conducting on-campus interviews this week and are scheduled to make a decision within the next few weeks or so.
- 2/15 Job offered and accepted.
- 11/18: Are they expecting a retirement? Their faculty includes a medievalist.
- 12/10: received a letter saying that, due to institutional difficulties, the search is discontinued until further notice.
- 2/25: Search changed to 1 yr position in medieval/renaissance - moved to medieval page.