Ok, how about 2010-2011 search?
What's out there? 2008-2009 Applications Back to AcademicJobSearch Home
- If you are applying for academic jobs in dance during the 2008-2009 school year, this wiki is for you. Since dance departments do not always do a good job of notifying applicants about the status of their search, this wiki allows job applicants to share their updates with each other. Through this collaborative effort, job searchers can provide the latest news on the dates and status of phone interviews, conference interviews, campus visits, job offers, and acceptance of job offers. As we work together, we can help keep search committees more honest.
- Our goal is to list below all known open searches. Please check the below job listing web sites frequently and add new searches as they appear on the Internet.
- When adding news about a search, place three equal signs before and after the name of the school, and finish your note with the date in parentheses. Please start each new sub-entry with a "star." This keeps entries easy to read and makes development over time more clear. Thanks!
- 1 Job Listings
- 2 Status of Job Searches
- 2.1 Auburn University
- 2.2 California State University, Sacramento
- 2.3 Columbia College, Chicago
- 2.4 Franklin & Marshall
- 2.5 Hunter College
- 2.6 Oberlin College
- 2.7 Ohio State University
- 2.8 Pomona College
- 2.9 Reed College
- 2.10 SMU’s Meadows School of the Arts
- 2.11 UC Boulder
- 2.12 UNC Charlotte
- 2.13 University of Richmond
- 2.14 University of Surrey
- 2.15 University of Wisconsin
Job Listings[edit | edit source]
Status of Job Searches[edit | edit source]
Auburn University[edit | edit source]
- Deadline: Nov. 1 2008
- MFA emphasis
California State University, Sacramento[edit | edit source]
- Deadline: Oct. 1 2008
Columbia College, Chicago[edit | edit source]
- Deadline: Dec. 1, 2008
- Dance history emphasis
- Q: is it just me or did they pull the original job posting and replace it with a more general one?
- Not sure? Either way: phone interview request (12.10)
- Congrats. I just got my acknowledgment. Didn't realize the search was rolling until they said they had started reviewing in November!
- Got no-go call 1 mo. post phone interview (in case anyone still in running...) (1.27)
Franklin & Marshall[edit | edit source]
- VAP for 2009
- Deadline: 2.15.09
Hunter College[edit | edit source]
- Deadline: 1.9.09
Oberlin College[edit | edit source]
- Visiting Assistant Professor, Spring 2009
- Deadline: Sept. 15, 2008
- Dance history emphasis, PhD required
Ohio State University[edit | edit source]
- Deadline: Sept. 30, 2008
Pomona College[edit | edit source]
- Dance history & Cultural Studies
- Deadline: 12.5.08
Reed College[edit | edit source]
- Deadline: 11.25.08
SMU’s Meadows School of the Arts[edit | edit source]
- Asst. or Assoc. Professor
- Deadline: Nov. 11 2008
UC Boulder[edit | edit source]
- Deadline: 10.3.08
UNC Charlotte[edit | edit source]
- Lectureship - Dance History
- Deadline: 10.15.08
University of Richmond[edit | edit source]
University of Surrey[edit | edit source]
- Just wondering if anyone out there in the dance history community has applied for, or knows anything about, this job...
- haven't applied but know it. the department is going through some major changes. I think for the better.
- this was a late spring/early summer announcement, search may/may not be concluded by now (7.26)
University of Wisconsin[edit | edit source]
- Deadline: 2.1.09
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.