Do you thrive in the pursuit of ensuring excellence in environmental consulting services for your clients? SWCA Environmental Consultants is expanding their team and looking for dynamic individuals who are following their passion in delivering the highest-quality project work.
Our Pasadena office is seeking a Cultural Resources Principal Investigator to support its growing practice. The ideal candidate will assist the Program Director, Team Lead, and Project Managers with project coordination and quality control for cultural resource management projects and expand SWCA's professional reputation in archaeological and historical consulting and research. This is a regular, full-time salaried position and will report to the Program Director. Salary will be based on individual qualifications and experience.
- Serve as primary author on large technical reports, research designs, and other technical documents.
- Conduct content edits of technical reports and site forms.
- Oversee all aspects of field research, data collection, inventory, analysis, and final report production, ensuring these tasks are conducted in accordance with the QA/QC plan.
- Assist with training and mentoring of staff in topics including NRHP/CRHR eligibility, implementation of research designs, and site recording protocols.
- Take initiative, resolve problems, and create improved procedures to ensure that tasks are completed in the most effective manner.
- Comply with SWCA and client safety programs, and assist in the development of such programs.
- Maintain good working relationships with state and federal agency contacts and clients.
- Additional project management duties as needed: manage budgets, prepare proposals, interact with clients, and manage staff.
- Minimum of a Master's degree in Archaeology or Anthropology required; Ph.D. preferred
- Minimum of five (5) years of supervisory and fieldwork experience required
- Must demonstrate completion, at a PI level, of a minimum of one testing or data recovery excavation project (three or more projects a plus) involving primarily archaeological investigations and preparation of final reports consistent with the Secretary of the Interior's Standards and Guidelines for Archeology and Historic Preservation. Projects shall have been performed under the jurisdiction of the National Historic Preservation Act or CEQA
- Emphasis in California archaeology and a current technical specialization (i.e. lithic analysis, historical archaeology, GIS, architectural history, etc.)
- Experience with NEPA, CEQA, and Section 106
- Listed as a Registered Professional Archaeologist (or qualified for RPA status)
- Past peer-reviewed publication record and conference presentation experience preferred
- Experience with content edits of reports and a solid background of scheduling and budgeting of projects related to cultural resources
- Ability to work independently as well as oversee small or large projects by working closely with Field Directors and Project Managers
SWCA Environmental Consultants is a growing employee-owned firm, providing a full spectrum of environmental services. With offices across the United States, SWCA is one of the largest environmental compliance firms and ranks among Engineering News-Record's Top 200 Environmental Firms.
If you would like to contact SWCA regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance completing the online application process due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 800-828-8517. This contact information is for disability accommodation requests only. All other inquiries will not receive a response.
EOE - women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply.
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/g9k55vrvy2h7gz7s