- 1 Bioethics
- 1.1 Alden March Bioethics Institute, Albany Medical College
- 1.2 Boston University
- 1.3 Florida International University, The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine
- 1.4 Florida State University College of Medicine
- 1.5 George Mason University
- 1.6 Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine
- 1.7 University of Kentucky
- 1.8 The University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey (UMDNJ) School of Osteopathic Medicine
- 1.9 Villanova University
- 2 Medical Humanities
NEW PAGE: Bioethics & Medical Humanities 2011-2012
Bioethics[edit | edit source]
Alden March Bioethics Institute, Albany Medical College[edit | edit source]
Associate Professor or Professor http://www.asbh.org/jobs/content/index.html
Review begins 11/1/10
Boston University[edit | edit source]
Assistant Professor of Philosophy with a specialization in bioethics
- Deadline: 12/1
- first round interviews scheduled 12/10
- Pretty sure position is filled now
Florida International University, The Herbert Wertheim College of Medicine [edit | edit source]
Medical Ethics Faculty - Associate/Assistant Professor Level (Position 42373)
- I applied for this job in July and the online system says my application is still under review, but this job is no longer listed in FIU job database. Anyone know anything about the status of this job?
- The position is filled.
Florida State University College of Medicine[edit | edit source]
Clinical Ethicist, http://www.bioethics.net/bioethics_jobs.php?view=5517
- I'm on the search committee for this -- if you want to apply, send in your application ASAP.
- Rec'd email acknowledgment of application stating "The search committee will begin its consideration during October and will move rather slowly due to many other department activities, such as strategic planning." 11/15
- Rejection email 1/11
George Mason University[edit | edit source]
Department of Philosophy/Institute for Philosophy and Public Policy http://www.bioethics.net/bioethics_jobs.php?view=5516
- Deadline: 11/15/10
- According to the philosophy wiki (phylo.info/jobs), first round interviews have been scheduled.
- Rumor is that the position has been offered and accepted.
Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine[edit | edit source]
Neiswanger Institute for Bioethics & Health Policy, Assistant or associate professor of bioethics http://www.bioethics.net/bioethics_jobs.php?view=5471
University of Kentucky[edit | edit source]
Program for Bioethics, Assistant Professor of Bioethics
- informal interviews conducted at ASBH in October
- on campus interviews scheduled for Jan. and Feb. (12/6)
The University of Medicine and Dentistry New Jersey (UMDNJ) School of Osteopathic Medicine[edit | edit source]
Villanova University[edit | edit source]
Clincial Ethicist, Philosophy Dept.
- Review begins 11/1
- Any word? 12/22
Medical Humanities[edit | edit source]
Northwestern[edit | edit source]
Referees contacted for letters (3/29)
Any news? (4/4)
Got an email from the Dept Chair saying we'd know if we've progressed around 4/15.
Received letter of acknowledgment saying we should know around 5/1 if we have made the short-list. (4/16) x3
Any news? (5/5)
Short-list prepared. Apparently they will invite a few of these folks to campus sometime later this month. (5/9)
Saint Louis University[edit | edit source]
"Saint Louis University, a Catholic, Jesuit institution dedicated to student learning, research, health care, and service, invites applications for an Assistant Professor of English. Evidence of teaching excellence and research potential required. The person hired for this position will be the English Department Faculty Liaison for a long-established advanced college credit program in regional high schools (1818 Program). The Department seeks applicants who can demonstrate involvement in English Education, with research and teaching interests in medical narrative and fiction from 1700 to the present. Current department teaching load 2/2, with possible reduction for administrative service. The English Department offers B.A., M.A., and Ph.D. programs, and an undergraduate medical humanities certificate. Start date: August 2011. Candidates must have completed the Ph.D. by August 2011. All candidates must submit a letter, c.v., and writing sample online at http://jobs.slu.edu/."
Deadline: November 1, 2010.
- Cross-posted at Generalist 2011, Restoration/18th-Century 2011 & Romanticism, Victorian/19th 2011
- Also posted at English Education / Children's 2011
- According to Victorian page, dossiers requested in early November.
- According to Victorian page, this position is filled.
Virginia Commonwealth University[edit | edit source]
Tenure eligible assistant or associate professor in field of "Medical Humanities" (one area in search for 4 separate postions). See VCU's Position Announcement for further details.
The application review process will begin on October 20, 2010. For full consideration, applications must be received prior to November 25, 2010. We will be available to interview at the MLA conference.