Positions in Arabic Linguistics, Literature, and Language Teaching in academia and beyond, 2018/19 job application season. Please link to university hiring pages, rather than to the MESA website, as those links can die more quickly than the university pages.
Last Year's Page: Arabic 2017/2018
Other employment sites:
Recent Activity (RSS FEED)
Subscribe to RSS feed for this page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/Arabic_2018-2019?feed=rss&action=history
SPRING 2019 JOBS
TENURE-TRACK FALL 2019
- Looks like a rigged search. I was notified 3 weeks before the application deadline that I wasn't selected for the job. (10/23)
- [11/9] It is not, I was invited for a skype interview in late October. It seems like they read applications as they come in as I was invited shortly after sending in my file.
- Invited for a Skype interview. Good luck to everyone.
- (Dec. 13) Any news post-Skype interviews? Nothing here since skype interview in late October.
- (Dec. 13) Nope, no post-Skype interview news on my side.
- Preliminary online interviews scheduled for Nov. 8-9. (10/31)
- Informed that shortlisting will be done by end November; campus visits in January. (11/8)
- Invited to campus visit, second week of January (11/21)
- Rejection email, 2 months after campus visit. (3/1)
- (12/4) Invited for Skype interview
- (2/7) After two denials from HR, search committee chair finally admitted that I was not chosen for interview. Total fiasco.
- ^Wait, they refused to tell you whether or not you were chosen for an interview? Do you think it was lack of communication between HR and the SC, or just not a very professional search? Might be a blessing in disguise...
- HR twice told me not to worry, my candidacy was still active, the dept will contact you, don't contact them. I did contact them and the SC chair said they were now intervieweing finalists and I'm not among them (duh); accompanied with what seemed to be a sincere apology for "the unwieldiness of the system." So I think, yes, lack of communication probably.
Swarthmore College - Assistant Professor in Arabic Language and Literature. Deadline: 19 Oct
- Interviews scheduled for MESA
anyone got interviewed? (dec 13)
No news too. Please keep us posted y'all.
I contacted the dept chair and he said they will be starting the review process soon. fingers crossed (dec 14).
recieved invitation for skype interview (dec 19)
anyone got interviewed? (dec 13)
Recieved a personal rejection email upon inquiry (early Dec), same (dec 14).
Had a skype interview on Dec 7. (Dec 17)
- [8 Nov] Invited for Skype interview. Good luck to everyone.
- (29 Nov.) Any news about campus visits for anyone?
- any news? got a skype interview a month ago, haven't heard back yet! (dec 13); same, interviewed in early November and haven't heard a thing since.
- campus visits invited
- [12 Nov] Invitation to interview.
- [8 Feb] Any news about this? I see someone was invited to interview in Nov; my application status is still "under review by department." I sent a query to HR, who in turn referred me to the SC chair. Awaiting their reply.
- [8 Feb, me again] Chair says: "Our job postings remain open until a position is filled. Once that has happened, applicants are notified by email." Sounds like legalese for "we have someone, but we can't tell you yet until they accept our offer."
- [30 Apr] And... rejection email arrives.
RESEARCH FELLOWSHIPS AND POSTDOCS
See also: Humanities and Social Sciences Postdocs 2018-19
NON-TENURE TRACK FALL 2019
- [12 Nov] Interviewed last week.
- Anyone got an interview?
- (5/31) Review of applications has begun and will continue until the posting closes on June 14. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis.