Jobs[edit | edit source]
Amherst PostDoc[edit | edit source]
Due March 1.
I called and the AA informed me that invitation for phone interviews will be sent out this week or early next week. (Thanks for posting!)
Any updates on this one? Nothing here (3/25)
Any updates? (4/4)
Offer received and accepted (4/1). Best of luck, everybody. Congrats to you!
Arizona State University (Barrett Honors College)[edit | edit source]
- Lecturer, Barrett Honors College
- Qualifications: A PhD in any field of social sciences, (including interdisciplinary and area studies, e.g. African American studies), or natural sciences (including interdisciplinary programs, e.g., environmental science), is required. Applicants with specialties in Asia, Africa and Latin America and/or whose teaching and research engages diverse perspectives and contributes to knowledge about our multicultural society are particularly encouraged. Experience leading discussion seminars is desirable.
- Deadline: March 4, 2011
- Any word on this one?
NYU[edit | edit source]
University of Detroit Mercy[edit | edit source]
- Assistant professor, Director of African American Studies
- "Applicants for this position must have a Ph.D. in African American Studies or in a closely related discipline in the humanities or social sciences and be eligible for consideration for tenure in one of the departments in the College of Liberal Arts and Education. (Exceptional applicants with a Ph.D. awarded by June 15, 2011 will be considered). Required qualifications include a strong record of scholarship related to African or African American Studies; demonstrated excellence in undergraduate teaching; commitment to student advising and curricular development; and skills in academic leadership."
- Deadline: Feb. 15th
University of Texas at Austin[edit | edit source]
- ack of materials 11/10. Anyone hear anything? (x2)
- I called the department in late December and they were still reviewing apps. 1/14
- I was contacted today. I made the short list. I was asked to send in more materials. 2/15
- Received an email 3/1 noting that I would be notified by 3/31 if I was still under consideration.
- Rejection 4/4
Williams College[edit | edit source]
- Rejection via email 12/8 x2
- Rejection via e-mail
- They've made.a hire 12/16