Wiki page for Academic Jobs in African & African American Studies advertised during the 2021-2022 hiring season.
Last year's page: African & African American Studies 2020-2021
See also Critical Theory 2021-2022, Ethnic Studies 2021-2022, Comparative Literature 2021-2022, and Philosophy 2021-2022.
Please add jobs in the following format and order them alphabetically by institution.
- Example University (State/Province, Country). Position Title. Specializations. Deadline. TT/NT. FT/PT. Link to Job ad(s). Updates:
TT/NT: Tenure-track or Non-tenure track.
FT/PT: Full-Time or Part-Time
For the sake of user-friendliness, please do not add more detailed content of the job ad on this page. (This is a departure from previous years, when these pages tended to become difficult to navigate. The new guidelines are modeled on more user-friendly Academic Wiki pages serving other disciplines.)
Add updates to the end of each entry as they come in: Additional materials requested, video interview scheduled, campus visit scheduled, offer extended, offer accepted, rejection received.
Please post "Have you heard?" questions above, under Word on the Street.
Please contribute to transparency in the academy by adding yourself and your advisors to the Academic Tree project.
RECENT ACTIVITY on African & African American Studies 2021-22 Wiki
2021/09/15 05:08- 18.104.22.168 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 05:08, 15 September 2021 Line 49: Line 49: 7. '''Emory University''' (Atlanta, GA, USA) Tenured/Tenure-Track Assistant, Associate,...
2021/09/12 17:28- 22.214.171.124 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 17:28, 12 September 2021 Line 48: Line 48: 6. '''University of Pittsburgh''' (Pittsburgh, PA, USA) Assistant, Associate, or Full (Tenure/Tenure-Str...
2021/09/07 18:45- 126.96.36.199 -
- Added a job listing ← Older revision Revision as of 18:45, 7 September 2021 Line 44: Line 44: 4. '''University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign''' (US...
2021/09/05 17:23- 188.8.131.52 -
- New Job Posting ← Older revision Revision as of 17:23, 5 September 2021 Line 43: Line 43: 4. '''University of Illinois at Urbana-Cham...
2021/08/31 01:55- 184.108.40.206 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 01:55, 31 August 2021 Line 42: Line 42: *Updates: *Updates: + 4. '''University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign'''...
2021/08/17 02:40- 220.127.116.11 -
- ← Older revision Revision as of 02:40, 17 August 2021 Line 24: Line 24: See also [[Humanities and Social Sciences Postdocs 2021-2022]] . See also [[Humanitie...
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: http://academicjobs.wikia.com/wiki/African_%26_African_American_Studies_2021-2022?feed=rss&action=history
Jobs with 2021 Application Deadlines
- University of Waterloo (Waterloo, Ontario, Canada): Cluster hire for 10 Indigenous and 10 Black scholars in all disciplines. October 18th or until filled. Open Rank TT, FT, https://uwaterloo.ca/provost/cluster-hiring-initiatives.
- California State University Channel Islands (Camarillo, California, USA): Tenure Track OPEN RANK. Hiring 3 positions from Africana Studies, Anthropology, Chemistry, Chicana/o Studies, Health Science, Performing Arts, Political Science, and/or Psychology. September 8, 2021. https://jobs.csuci.edu
- University of Delaware (US). Temporary Assistant Professor, Africana Studies. Deadline 8/15/21. FT, NT.
- Starts as early as January 2022.
4. University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (US) Assistant Professor in Race and Media Studies, Media and Cinema Studies, Full consideration will be given to applications received by Oct. 8, 2021. http://jobs.illinois.edu Expected start date August 2022.
5. Univeristy of Michigian, Ann Arbor (MI, USA) Lecturer in Black Gender/Feminist Studies. Full consideration given to applications submitted by October 4, 2021. https://webapps.lsa.umich.edu/Apply/App/Login.aspx Expected start date August 29, 2022.
6. University of Pittsburgh (Pittsburgh, PA, USA) Assistant, Associate, or Full (Tenure/Tenure-Stream) Professor in Black Studies in Teacher Education, Full consideration will be given to complete applications submitted by October 24, 2021. https://cfopitt.taleo.net/careersection/pitt_faculty_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=21006365&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York%20 Start date Fall 2022.
7. Emory University (Atlanta, GA, USA) Tenured/Tenure-Track Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor in African American Studies with a focus on race and education. Review of applications will begin November 1, 2021. Applications received up to 30 days after review begins will be given full consideration. https://apply.interfolio.com/93805. Start date August 2022.
Tulane University (NO, LA). Assistant Professor in Activist Media. TT. Deadline October 1.
Discipline and region open. iscipline and region are open and we are especially interested in applicants whose research-based creative practice and/or practice-based scholarship engages the lives, experiences, and cultural traditions of Black, Indigenous, or marginalized communities and explores the relationships between media and social justice. Apply: https://apply.interfolio.com/91952?fbclid=IwAR0UcGwYzjEf516QeZJ4dcun3RTDfUYsYRUKvloQwc_7wl3elSi_4mgFk-E