- Keep it civil: Do not make personal attacks on other people. Do not use bigoted language, including slurs which degrade another person or group of people based on gender, race, sexual orientation, nationality, religion, etc.
- Be a productive member of the wiki: Contribute to the wiki in line with the established processes and conventions. Disrupting the wiki with “edit warring” is not productive.
- Do not engage in excessive self-promotion: The wiki is a collaborative community resource. It is NOT a free place to advertise your related website, YouTube channel, blog, social media account, etc.
- Do not harass other users.
- Do follow individual wikis' guides for formatting and conventions. Some wikis post names once positions are filled; some do not. Please respect the established conventions and rules of individual fields' wikis.
- We rarely need to block users on the Academic Jobs Wiki, but users will be blocked for:
- Deliberately deleting information from wikis
- Major rules violations and disruptions
Updated Feb 18, 2021.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.