University of Pittsburgh
School of Education
Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor (Tenure/Tenure-Stream) Position
With a Focus on Critical Disability Studies and Special Education
Position: Assistant, Associate, or Full Professor (tenure/tenure-stream)
Appointment: Eight-month, full-time, tenure stream appointment; starting Fall 2022
The Department of Teaching, Learning, and Leading in the University of Pittsburgh School of Education seeks a colleague in Critical Disability Studies and Special Education. We welcome applicants whose work is organized by theoretical traditions including Queer Studies, Feminist Studies, and/or any number of race studies. This scholar will join a Special Education program situated within a transformative department, which includes a growing number of critical scholars. This position provides opportunities to conduct research, partner with local schools and/or organizations, mentor Special Education students, and teach Special Education courses at the undergraduate, MA, EdD and PhD level. We invite applicants to identify their connections to our existing Special Education program areas and consider the growing number of critical scholars across the School of Education. Finally, we seek a scholar whose work creatively engages educational organizations, communities, collectives, and/or contexts, writ large.
- PhD in Education/Special Education or related field/discipline by 8/1/22
- Record of scholarly work and teaching in Critical Disability Studies
- Record of peer-reviewed publication and success with (or promise of) external funding for scholarship and/or practice/engagement work.
- Experience preparing educators
- Special Education teaching experience
- Evidence of partnerships and collaborations with the Disability community
- Demonstrated experience (or future promise) designing and teaching online and hybrid undergraduate and graduate courses.
- Letter of application
- One writing sample
- List of three to six references (will be contacted only if selected for on-campus interviews)
Review of application materials will begin immediately and continue until October 30th or when the position is filled. To apply to the position, please submit your materials to https://cfopitt.taleo.net/careersection/pitt_faculty_external/jobdetail.ftl?job=21006516&tz=GMT-04%3A00&tzname=America%2FNew_York.
For questions about the submission process, email [] and for questions about the position or the School of Education, email the Search Committee co-chairs, Sheila Conway at [] and Rachel Robertson at [].
The University of Pittsburgh in an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity. Members of historically underrepresented groups, including womyn and individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
The University of Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- 1 RECENT ACTIVITY on Academic Jobs Education 2020-2021 Wiki
- 2 Jobs for 2020-21
- 2.1 Latino/a Education and/or Health Disparities Across the College of Education Postdoctoral Position - University of Texas Austin - Deadline February 1st
- 2.2 Clinical Assistant Professor of Social Foundations of Education - Georgia State University
- 2.3 Assistant Professor: Indigenous Language Education - McGill University. Review begins early February. TT/FT.
- 2.4 Assistant/Associate Professor of Race in America-Stanford University
- 2.5 Assistant/Associate/Full Professor, focus on Educational Policy at University of Pittsburg
- 2.6 Assistant Professor of Critical Studies of Education-University of California Santa Cruz
- 2.7 Assistant Professor Critical Education at University of Colorado Boulder
- 2.8 Assistant Professor of Education Studies at Wesleyan University
- 2.9 Assistant Professor of Social Foundations of Education Oakland University
- 2.10 Lecturer in Education at Washington University in St. Louis - Deadline 2/26/21
RECENT ACTIVITY on Academic Jobs Education 2020-2021 Wiki
Subscribe to RSS Feed for This Page: https://academicjobs.wikia.org/wiki/Academic_Jobs_Education_2020-2021?feed=rss&action=history
Jobs for 2020-21
Loras College, IA USA Full-Time TT Assistant Professor of Education
Campus visit offered to two finalists, waiting for rejection/offer
Latino/a Education and/or Health Disparities Across the College of Education Postdoctoral Position - University of Texas Austin - Deadline February 1st
Updates: Received email for next phase
Selected for the next phase.
3/31: Any news? They said the results would come by the end of March.
4/1 : Received email for follow up interview>>Thank you for you response and congrats! I will wait and see if I’ll receive a follow up email too
4/5 : Interviews are on going and decisions are expected to be made in the next two week. Good luck!
4/21: Any news?
Updates: Received a rejection email.
First round interview Jan. 13th.
Any news? (2/18)
Assistant Professor: Indigenous Language Education - McGill University. Review begins early February. TT/FT.
Updates: Received a rejection email (1/7) 2x
Someone wrote a comment about campus visits but it got deleted. Did they already bring people in? Thanks!
^-- 1/27: What day did you see this about campus visits? Would love to hear confirmation about this too, especially given how long it's been since the deadline
1/27: So basically someone wrote a comment saying that candidates had already been invited for an interview and immediately deleted the comment. I only saw because I was in the page when they posted it. That’s why I posed the question. Since they didn’t reply, I don’t know if it was a mistake or if the interview has already happened.
1/29: Campus talks have been planned and are happening.
2/10- Received rejection email. (4x)
Updates: Any updates? Seems like folks advancing would have been contacted? >> No updates over here (3/3) 2x
^Virtual campus invitations have been extended (3/31/21)
Updates: anyone heard anything? (2/18)
^I got rejected a million years ago (well, 12/8/20)
Odd, I haven't heard anything one way or another even though I applied in October. Has anyone been contacted for an interview?
Updates: Got invited for an interview.
Virtual campus visits happening
Deadline 2/26/21. NT. FT.